Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Current Obsessions - Music

I love music. I know a lot of people say that but I loooooove music! Here are some songs/artists I've have been lightweight "obsessed" with lately.

Bruno Mars




I had been digging on Bruno Mars when his first CD came out. But when he did the song "It Will Rain" I was like oh ok Bruno! Then when he dropped his second CD! I was like dat boy be sangin!!!!!!  There are very few CDs I can listen to from beginning to end without skipping a song. His one of them. My three favorite songs from Unorthodox Jukebox are Gorilla, Locked Out of Heaven and If I Knew. He came to the DC area over the summer and I am so bummed that I didn't go see him! I am looking forward to him performing during the Superbowl.

Jay-Z and Beyonce - On the Run (Part II)


I heard this song on the radio one morning and instantly fell in love with it. I love it so much that I bought the single from Amazon and play it non stop on my phone via their mp3 app.  I love it when these two collaborate together. Its not forced. It just works.

Justin Timberlake


I've always been a JT fan but when he dropped The 20/20 Experience, I was like Justin's getting his grown married man sexy on! I bought his CD when in came out last March. I has been in constant rotation okay...constant! I gushed over this in my April 2013 favorites. I need to pick up part 2.

Drake - Hold on, We're Going Home



I know some people clown Drake but I like him. When his new song, Hold On, We're Going Home came out I was like I'on know. But it has grown on me and I really like it. I've heard some songs of his newest release and I like what I've heard. I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Sevyn Streeter


When heard her sing I Like It and I was like this is nice. But when I heard It Won't Stop, I was like yes yes!!! Definitely has an Aaliyah vibe to it. Was just talking to some friend the other day on how much we missed Aaliyah and where we were when we got the news that she had passed.

Mario - Somebody Else


I've always liked Mario and he always comes out with that one good hit when he has album that's about to drop. The beat on Somebody Else is vicious! The is a song that gets turned waaaay up in the car ;)

Kanye West - Graduation



I've been playing Graduation like it JUST came out. I love me some Kanye. Yes he does the most at times but he is talented. When Good Life comes on mannnnnn!!! \O/

And there you have it. Maybe I'll do this once a month. Nice change up from all the "pretty" talk. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!