Saturday, May 11, 2013

April 2013 Top 3

Ok so I had this post pretty much done in April and had meant to post it before my work trip. Which didn't happen. In looking at what I thought were favorites had me going hmmm. So I thought back over what I had been reaching for and really loving and re-did the post and got it back down to 3. Originally there were 6 things. So here we go!



Every now and then I reach for my Urban Decay Naked palette and fall in love with it over again each time. I love colored eye looks but I'm a neutral girl at heart. You can create a bunch of looks from simple to dramatic with this palette. This time around I used more of the lighter shades in the palette. When I first got it I only used about 5 of the shades and was kind of  "afraid" of the lighter shades. But now that I'm more comfortable with applying eyeshadows and know how to make things work for me skin tone, I don't have a problem with the lighter shades in the palette. I took it with me on my work trip as well. My favorite shadows in the palette are Buck and Darkhorse. I could wear these two shades together everyday and never get tired of them. It's one of my go to eye looks when I don't know what to do or don't feel like doing much. I love Urban Decay eyeshadows. I'm still debating if I want to pick up the Naked 2 palette. The Smoked palette is on my list to get.

I've had the Urban Decay All Nighter spray for a while now and have used it off and on. Wasn't sure if I needed to pitch it since I've had it for a while but it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin, so I guess it's still good. When I first used it, I liked it but was never really wowed by it. I started using some new skin care products and they dried my out a little bit and my skin got flaky. So this made my Bare Minerals foundation look not so great. Once I applied it there were still some flakes. So I grabbed the UD spray, did a few spritz on my face and it really helped. It also helped keep my makeup in place all day.

Justin Timberlake's new album came out in March and I have been playing in non-stop in my car. I also have it on my phone. The album just flows from beginning to end. I love the beats and the outros he did on almost all the songs. It's like 2 songs in 1. It's hard for me to say what my favorite songs are. At first I kept listening to 2 or 3 and now I keep listening to another 2 or 3 on repeat. I will say that Mirrors is probably my main favorite. I first heard it when he performed on Saturday Night Live and kept listening to it on Spotify until I got the CD. Love the video for it too. JT is really on his grown man flow and I love it! He's coming to my area in August but I won't be able to go due to a work meeting. I know it's early but I'm calling this as album of the year.

On to May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!