Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 2013 Top 3

Here are my three favorites for May. Didn't have too much trouble this month picking three items.



L'Oreal released the Miss Candy Colour Riche nail polish collection for summer. These polishes are gel/jelly texture. I originally picked up two of these polishes (Lilac Coolers and Miss Pixie). Then I searched for nail swatches of the entire collection. That was a mistake lol. I went back and picked up three more (Berry Nice, Jolly Lolly and Bubble Trouble). At first I thought I wouldn't like them. They're are not opaque. You can build up the color somewhat but you can still see your nail. But they aren't bad. I think they are perfect for spring/summer. I did a jelly sandwich with a glitter polish and I loved it. These will probably be my go to polishes for spring/summer.

I picked up my first MAC Paint Pot in Eclair. I can't remember which collection it was released in since it seems like MAC has a new collection every other week (a rant for another day). But it was a fairly recent collection and it's limited edition. It's described as light chocolate with gold pearl. I'm really loving this shade. I've worn it on it's own and with a powder eyeshadow over top of it. It has really good staying power. I have Indianwood and Constructivist on my wish list.

I randomly grabbed Tarte's emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner in black that came with the True Blood palette. I used off and on throughout the month and realized that it's an awesome eyeliner. It's a true black. Some black eyeliners have a grey/off black look to them which I don't care for. It goes on smoothly and lasted on me all day without fading. I also love that it is a retractable liner and you don't have to sharpen it. I looked on Tarte's website and found it in the sale section. So I guess they are phasing it out which is a bummer. I may pick up another one since the price is really good.

And there you have it. Short and to the point. On to June! I already have some items in mind that I started using at the end of this month *shifty eyes*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!