Friday, October 4, 2013

I ❤ Drugstore Makeup Tag!

Another post just sitting in my drafter folder.

I watched emilynoel83's video on this tag. If you follow her then you know she is a lover of drugstore makeup.  I think in 2011, I started paying more attention to makeup at the drugstore. Doesn't help that I have a CVS and Walgreens within walking distance of where I work. Ulta is close by too. So I decided to give this tag a go. Now keep in mind this a video tag, so bare with me trying to do this as a blog post. I didn't take pics of everything. So here's the tag!

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?







I'd have to say Wet n' Wild. I love a lot of the products in the Color Icon line. I have eyes, lip and cheeks products. Their eyeshadows are super pigmented, go on nicely and have nice staying power on me. I've picked up quite a few of their MegaLast lipsticks (black tubes picture above). Sugar Plum Fairy hands down is my favorite lipstick from the MegaLast line.  I have all 4 of the color icon blushes and 3 of their shimmer palettes. I also have some of their nail polishes

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?




  • Face - Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer. I don't have a lot of face products from the drugstore but this concealer is nice. I have this #30 Cafe. I use this as an undereye concealer.
 

  • Cheek - Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blushes . These are some great blushes. They only released 4. It would be nice if they did more colors. These are nicely pigmented, not chalky and brown girl friendly. 

  • Lip - oh gosh this is HARD for me. Back when I originally started this post I probably would have said Revlon lipsticks or even their lipglosses which were my favorite from the drugstore. But now I'd have to say Maybelline Colorsensational Lipglosses. These are hands down my favorite lipglosses from the drugstore.  Can't you tell? I think there are 2 more that I have not shown in this picture.
3. Least favorite product?

Drugstore foundations. No brand in particular but in general. My dislike is mainly due the lack in color range at the drugstore. We all don't fit into 4 or 5 shades. And for women of color our choices are a lot less. So until drugstore brands realize this my foundation will always be "high end".

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

Hmmm...anything by Wet n' Wild. They have some miss products but you still can't go wrong with most of their products. Plus if you run into a sale at the drugstore or have coupons, it's damn near free makeup.

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)




Another hmm...I'll say my L'Oreal Hip Duo eyeshadows. These were some of my first eyeshadows from the drugstore and I love them. Like I've said before, I do simple eye looks and these are perfect for that since it pairs two colors together. Need to reach for these more often.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?


Anything by Physician's Formula. I've tried a few on their products and they're nice. Tried one of their mascaras that's a popular favorite (Get Up and Grow) and I wasn't a fan of it. Nothing overly special about their products. I lucked up and got them during different sales. What I had I've given away. I think I still have one lipgloss and a blush. It's not a brand that I gravitate to when I troll the beauty section at the drugstore.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!


NYX Lip Liner in Expresso. I fell in love with Smashbox's Nude Lip Liner in Dark. I used to purchase a duo from QVC. Then I can't remember if it was a blog post or a YouTube video that had mentioned the NYX Liner. I went to pick it up from Ulta. I swatched it against Smashbox and was like hellooo dupe! I wear this liner with pretty much every lip product be it lipstick, gloss, or whatever. So it was nice to find a cheaper alternative. 

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?


Maybelline Baby Lips!!!! I purchased 2 of these off of YouTube hype and I cannot stand them. They are not moisturizing enough for me. Give me Carmex any day!

And there you have it. You also got a little peak into my makeup stash which will be coming later in the month. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!