Wednesday, December 23, 2015

So Gift Cards? Yea or Nay?

So I came across this article on Twitter titled "Why Gift Cards Are a Crime Against Christmas". I quick scanned it, got the overall gist and it irritated me for the most part. The topic of gift cards came up on one of the local radio stations this week. I also talked about this topic with my boss the other day.  My boss said she agreed with the article but then said she was picking up some gift cards. To me a gift card is still a gift and some thought does go into it. If someone has a favorite brand or store, then why not get them a gift card? Especially if you don't know what they want or need? You could by some random gift or something you think they would want but that's a crap shoot. Yes, you can get a gift receipt and they can exchange it for something else. But who really wants to do that? Is that being thoughtful? I asked my brother what he wanted and he said that he didn't really want anything. Then HE SAID a gift card to Kohl's since it's one of his favorite stores. From my own perspective, I did not need JACK other than a new car but I know no one is going to gift that to me lol. I have gotten two gift cards from Sephora and I'm pleased as punch. I'm just sick of folk and their opinions on what people do, spend their money, so on and so forth. How about we just be happy and grateful when someone gifts you something?  Too much like right I suppose. With all the craziness going on in the world, I think there are more important things to worry about that the topic of gift cards. They are some people who will not get anything for Christmas who might be quite happy with a gift card. But lemme hush.

*end rants*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!