Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Cookies! Cookies! Cookies!


I probably should have posted this last week. Dah well!

If you're looking for a last minute gift idea or looking for a sweet treat to make for the holidays, then try cake mix cookies! I'm not a baker by any means. A few years ago my office started doing a cookie exchange. The first year I think I did some Toll House cookies that came with red and green morsels. The next year I stumbled across the White Chocolate Chip recipe using Devils Food Cake and the heavens opened up lol! It was SUPER EASY to make! I bought some dessert baggies from The Dollar Tree and viola! Since then I have found more cake mix cookie recipes! I have done Carrot Cake (I used white chocolate chips and chopped pecans), Red Velvet (using the White Chocolate Chip recipe and using Red Velvet cake mix) and this year I did Easy Lemon Cookies. I've done the White Chocolate Chip recipe with and without rolling them in sugar and they are fine both ways. I have some other cake mix cookies recipes saved on my Sweet Thaannnngg! Pinterest board to try.

 I have given some of these cookies as gifts and they have been a big hit. Also it's pretty inexpensive since cake mixes are generally on sale during the holidays along with other baking items like pecans and chocolate chips. This year I actually got a nice tin from The Dollar Tree for the cookies I made for a friend and her family. The possibilities are endless with various cake mixes and add-ins!! If you try one of these recipes out or have one of your own that you love, let me know.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!