Monday, July 20, 2015

July 2015 Top 5



So there isn't a Manicure Monday post. I didn't like what I painted on my nails. With a work trip coming next week, I decided to get this post up early. And I still wanted to get something up today since I've been posting on Mondays. I still have no clue what I'm taking makeup wise. I'm leaning towards the Urban Decay Smoked palette (not to be confused with the new Naked Smoky palette) and another palette I ordered over the weekend from Sedona Lace. Oye vey. Anywho...here is what I've been loving for the month.

Lancome Grandiose Mascara

I actually meant to mention this last month but forgot. I got this from HSN when there was a Today's Special that included their fragrance Tresor (Lancôme Trésor Eau de Parfum and Grandiose Mascara Set). I have not met a Lancome that I did not like. This one provides some serious length and curl to my lashes. I can get a nice lash look with one good coat. When I really build it up, it looks like I have on false lashes. The wand is pretty cool too. It's bent and you can get to every lash with ease. I've enjoyed having it in rotation.

Eyeko Visual Eyes Liquid Eyeliner Duo

I picked up this duo from HSN last month. When I ordered it was $14 and I said SOLD lol! The value was insane at $14 and now is it's $10! I'm tempted to order another set since I am enjoying them so much. That's $5 for each! That's better than drugstore pricing on brands like Revlon, L'Oreal, etc. I heard good things about these liners and I mainly got it for the brown liner (Mocha). The black (Ebony) is very nice. My favorite black liquid liner has been LORAC's Front of the Line Pro liquid liner. The brush tip of the Eyeko liner is a tad shorter which I like more so that LORAC's. I feel like I have more control. When I first used the brown it was ok but I wasn't wowed by it. My favorite brown liquid liner is by Smashbox. I gave it another go but then I remembered on the packaging it said shake before use. I couldn'r remember if I did the first time I used it. So one morning I shook it up. I mean really shook it up, applied it and was like hot damn here we go! LOL! It's a nice espresso brown shade which is my happy place for brown liners. So I think I can say I have found my new favorite liquid eye from Eyeko! Woot!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

These have been on my wish list since forever. I don't know why it took me so long to try these out. I ordered 3 of these during the 40% off sale that Ulta had on NYX products. I picked up Prague, Copenhagen and Transylvania. I also picked up Monte Carlo over the weekend from Wegmans. I have only worn Prague and Copenhagen. Copenhagen is everything! I feel like these were the precursor to the current liquid lipstick craze. These are very nice. They have a pleasant smell, are easy to apply, not drying and have good staying power on the lips. They also re-apply nicely too. Sometimes when you re-apply a matte lip product it goes on weird. So if you don't want to spend a ton of money on a matte lip/liquid lipstick then check these out. Or you may want to wait and check out the liquid lipsticks due out by NYX. *sigh*. I've seen the swatches on Instagram and right now I'm not tempted by the colors. But that could change HA! I need more lip products like I need another hole in my head.

The Balm Read My Lips Lipgloss in Ka-Bang

This gloss reminds me on NYX's Spongecake lipgloss but I like this one a lot more. They both have shimmer but with Ka-Bang, I don't feel the shimmer. I also feel like Spongecake is sticky and felt weird on my lips as the day progressed with eating, drinking and talking. I don't have that problem with Ka-Bang. It's described as a medium bronze with gold shimmer. It's the perfect shade to throw on and not think about it, especially for spring/summer. I reached for it a lot this month. I picked it up with another gloss when The Balm was on Hautelook and I think it was 50% off.

elf Studio Blush Palette in Light

I mentioned the elf blush palette in dark back in January. I wasn't really checking for the palette in light but my friend was like you need to get it. It's been the main set of blushes that I have reached for this month. Even though it is intended for lighter complexions, I have not had any problem with them showing up on my skin. It's a nice shade selection for spring/summer. My feelings on the light version are still the same as the dark version. The shades are pigmented, easy to blend and are not chalky. If you're eyeing these, I highly recommend both palettes. Wait on a 50% off sale.

And there you have it. No surprise products for the month. On to August! Wow August! Really!?!??! The year is just flying by.

TTFN - ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. That ELF blush palette is calling my name! Totally don't need it! I have my eye on a few ELF products. I'll probably cave, lol. (PBJ)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!