Sunday, December 28, 2014

Out of My Face - 2014 Edition (Recap)

This is my 200th post! Woot!!

In February, I posted a laundry list of products that I want to use up by the end of the year.


Was I successful?

Here is what I actually used up:
  • Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Golden Deep
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
  • Philosophy Unconditional Love Shower Gel
  • Korres Bergamot Pear Shower Gel and Body Butter 
  • Mally Face Defender
  • Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
  • Out the Door Top Coat
This item was "indirectly" on my list but I didn't post about it lol. Weird I know. I used up:
  • Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Warm Deep - Good thing since I determined that this is not my shade even though I got "matched" in it. Hmph! I noticed that it turned red on me. I was like what the what??! So I'm sticking with Golden Deep. I can pretty much wear it all year.
Some items I just got fed trying to use up or they went bad, so the following go tossed:
  • Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss - I just couldn't finish it, It was starting to get gunky and I don't like potted lip products.  
  • Mally Glosses - As I was wearing these, I noticed that as the day progressed the worse of my lips would get. These were the cause. I had some newer Mally glosses and I wore those without any issues. Also these 3 didn't smell as sweet as the newer ones. They weren't rancid but you could definitely tell that the product started to turn. Glosses in general don't have a long shelf life but these definitely don't last long. So I don't plan on buying any more of these anytime soon.
  • MAC Lipstick in Call My Bluff - MAC lipsticks and glosses have a vanilla scent to them. Well the scent was gone and it didn't smell all that great. So I pitched it. I have another one that I got from a blog sale. 
  • MAC Evolution Revolution Lipglass - Another lippie I just couldn't finish. It was still ok but it was time to toss it. I'm not a fan of MAC Lipglasses and haven't not repurchased any in a good while. I think I only have 2 left in my stash but only because I really like the colors.
  • Bath and Body Works Creamy Coconut Body Splash - I tried to use this up but I just wasn't reaching for it. Also when I sprayed it, it smelled more of alcohol than the Creamy Coconut scent.
  • Buxom Dolly - I ended getting this again in a set I had purchased from Sephora. So I tossed the one I had since it was time and I had used most of it. But since I returned the set, I don't have it anymore. I may repurchase it at some point since I don't have any other mauvey lipglosses and it is a long time favorite.
And I didn't use up the following:
  • MAC Lipstick in Heroine
  • Urban Decay Perversion Eyeliner & Mally Evercolor Eyeliner in Onyx. I ended up giving the Mally liner away when I was purging items from my stash. Perversion is my favorite black pencil liner. So there was not need to keep the Mally one.
  • Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lipgloss in Glazed Donut
  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
There you have it. I will continue to use the items that I didn't use up. Not a bad effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!