Sunday, February 16, 2014

Out of My Face - 2014 Edition

In November, I posted about 8 products I was going to try and used up by the end of December. I was somewhat successful. There were only 2 products that I didn't finish that were the fragrance items.

I wanted to do something similar again but want to give myself more time to use whatever product I picked out up. As I've reached for certain products, I've been thinking ok you need to get used up and out of my face! So I came up with a list of products that I want to use up by the end of the year versus 'confining' myself to a month. It's a mix of things that have been on my mind and I also revisited my Backup Products In My Stash post to see what could be added to the list.

Here are the products that I want out of my face by the end of the year:



  • MAC Evolution Revolution Lipglass - I like it but I have other pink lipglosses that I like better. I gave the backup I had away to a friend.
  • Korres Bergamot Pear Shower Gel and Body Butter - I've had these for a while. I like the scent. It's not one of my favorites from the brand. 
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Spray - I prefer De-Slick over this. I have a little less than half a bottle left. So I'm going to focus on getting this used up before I get into the bottle of De-Slick I have waiting in the ranks.
  • Philosophy Unconditional Love Shower Gel - as you can see this is the big daddy super size 32oz bottle. Super size is cool if it's the only scent you use. It's one of my favorites but not the only shower gel I reach for. Said I want to use one shower gel or body wash no matter what scent I wear for the day. I saaaay this but we'll see if that actually happens. Especially since I recently went to Bath & Body Works!!!! *head palm* 
  • Mally High Shine Liquid Lipsticks (Nude Light, Orchid, Mally's Baby) - these were my first glosses from Mally. They came in a set. Nude Light is one of my favorite nudes. Mally's Baby is a pretty pink and Orchid is just that. Need to use them up since I'm not lacking in lip products and I've had these for while. 
  • MAC Lipstick in Call my Bluff - I got this in whatever Mac collection it released in. I got a back up on a blog sale. So I need to use this one so I can get to the other one *head palm*. It's one of my favorite nude lipsticks that doesn't look like I a concealer on my lips.
  • MAC Lipstick in Heroine - another lipstick that I have a back up. Since it's now a permanent lipstick in the MAC line, I don't need to hoard my back up. So let's see if I have get the first one I have used up this year. Shouldn't bee too hard since I like wearing purple lip colors.
  • Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Golden Deep - I prefer the matte version of the Bare Minerals foundation. Unfortunately when QVC offers kits with the foundation it's always in the original version. I got this via a QVC set. I typically use it more so over the fall and winter.
  • Out the Door Top Coat - I had mentioned that this was my holy grail top coat but the NYC one I mentioned in my January Favorites has replaced it.
  • Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss - this was a "YouTube Made Me Do It" product. It's nice but I'm not wowed by it. I prefer Carmex. So this will be used at night or when I'm bumming around the house. I don't really like using it during the day under whatever lip product I'm wearing,
  • Mally Face Defender - I have hit pan on the one in my purse. I didn't know I had used that much up of the product. I was excited lol! With the warmer temps around the corner, I think I can get this used up.
  • Urban Decay Perversion Eyeliner & Mally Evercolor Eyeliner in Onyx - I will rotate between these two black eyeliners and hopefully get them both used up by the end of the year.
  • Buxom Dolly - this was my first Buxom lipgloss and it's of my favorites. The makeup artist put this on my when I got matched in the Bare Mineral foundation (when Buxom products were not exclusive to Sephora) and I was like I'll take it! Dolly is described as a shimmering muted plum shade. Not surprise that it's a favorite huh? When I use it up, I do plan on getting another tube.
  • Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lipgloss in Glazed Donut - this was one of my favorite lipglosses and I've used up quite a bit of it but haven't reached for it in a while. So let's add it back to the rotation and see if I can use it up.
  • Bath and Body Works Creamy Coconut Body Splash - this is one of my favorite coconut scented fragrances. It's just sitting with my other perfumes and body sprays. So I need to use it up.
  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque - ended up using the Proactiv Refining Mask for a while. Now that I'm done with it, I want to use the Mint Julep Masque and move it out of my stash so I can try some other masks that have peaked my interest. 
  • Kate Sommerville Exfolikate - this is currently in my shower. Another product I like but just haven't seen using.

And there you have it! I think this is a good amount of stuff. It may be too much stuff. I may be overzealous with this but dah well. I'll never get stuff used up, if I don't make the effort to use them. Wish I had a blush or eyeshadow to add to the list but I haven't even hit pan on any of my blushes or eyeshadows. I'm sure some of the products will turn up in a favorites post.

I'm going to keep these items in easy reach so that I see them everyday and will use them. Also when it comes to work travel, I'll reach for these items when I start packing. Especially all the lip products.

I'll report back in December *salutes* :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!