Saturday, February 1, 2014

Palette Play Recaps - December 2013 & January 2014

I haven't done recap post for the palettes I used for December and January. I had started the one for December a while ago but time had gotten away from me. So I've combined the two months. Going forward I'm going to include the recap or whatever comments I want to share (if any) in the new Palette Play post going forward.

December Palette Play Recap

Here are the palettes I pulled out for December and some thoughts on the palettes:


Week of  December 1 - Tarte Palette from the "Bow & Go" Collection - I mentioned this in my December Favorites. So you have already heard me gush over this palette. It's great. I could have continued using it for another week. This was my favorite palette to use for the month.

Week of December 8 - Mally Citychick Celebration Shadow Palette - this is another good everyday palette BUT for me it was missed a dark brown shadow. But I still enjoyed using. I always have a single dark brown and black eyeshadow on hand. So the missing shade wasn't an issue.

Week of December 15 - Too Faced Natural at Night Palette - I think I used this like twice but I still enjoyed it. It's a past favorite.

Week of December 22  - Smashbox Mega Photo Op Palette - I only used this once. I used once of the purple trios with a Maybelline Color Tattoo and it was gorg! I may use this palette for work travel this year. We shall see.

Week of December 29 - Tarte True Blood Palette - I mentioned this palette in the Perfect Palette Tag post as a regret. The thing that turns me off about the palette is the packaging. It's big and bulky. The shadows are great. Tried to see if I could depot them but I almost broke a shadow, so I left it alone.

Maybe December wasn't a good month to start this lol. I did good the first two weeks. But then with the holidays rolling around during the third week, I was home for the most part so no makeup was done. Oh well. It was still a good start

January Palette Play Recap


I guess you can say January was a bit better. They first two palettes weren't necessary full eyeshadow palettes. Bare Minerals usually includes face charts with their palettes. I may have created the look on the charts when I first got the palettes, but eventually pitched them. I incorporated other eyeshadows to create an eye look that I was happy with wearing. I also may have used other eyeshadows instead on the "scheduled" palette. Let's face it, I buy stuff or I see something that makes me go ooooooh. But for the most part I did stick with using these palettes for the month.

Week of January 5 - The Light Show - my favorite eyeshadow from the palette was Flicker which is like and olivey dark gold shade.

Week of January 12 - Fired Up - I enjoyed the blush and lip gloss from this palette more so than the eyeshadows lol. My favorite eyeshadow was Sizzle which is like a taupey purple shade.

Week of January 19 - Convertible Eyeshadow Palette -  I was meh about this palette. I got it on Christmas Eve and it was on sale. I have some reward dollars and a 20% of coupon. So I got it at a good price. I have mentioned before that I love Ready eyeshadows. This palette just didn't do it for me,. The colors are pretty. Don't get me wrong. But the make up of the colors remind me somewhat of Urban Decay's Smoked palette and y'all know how much I looooooove that palette. Funny thing was I kept my receipt and the box it came in which is usual for me when it comes to Bare Minerals products. So needless to say that I returned the palette. I did like the two shades that were in the mini compact part (bronzey shade and dark brown) but that was not justification to keep it when I have similar shades.

Week of  January 26 - The September Issue - this palette had been on my Sephora wish list for a good while. I was waiting to see if I would go on sale for $25 like other 8.0 palettes have in the past. It didn't happen. I used my $20 off VIB offer to get the palette. This was my favorite to use for the month. The colors are gorg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!