Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Beauty 2015...


Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

I follow The Posh Blog on Instagram and I've watched a few of her YouTube videos. In November she said that she was going on a no buy. She recently did a blog post on whether or not she was successful and the eight things she learned. It was an interesting read. Of course it got me thinking yet again about my beauty ways.

I've picked up a some things here and there that have caught my eye. I've scored some good deals and picked up things that I am really liking. I have been BETTER this year at returning/exchanging items that I don't absolutely LOVE! Which is big for me. Most of the time, I'm like wellllll it's not bad or I can "make" it work. For instance, I think since 2010, I have purchased the Bare Minerals November Today's Special Value (TSV) from QVC which is their holiday TSV. I got this year's TSV and it sat for maybe a week and half to two weeks and I did not touch. It just said on my dresser. Usually I tear into as soon as I get my hands on it. I finally did a look with it on Thanksgiving. It was just ok. I wasn't wowed by it. Then I was like well maybe....then I thought about it and said NOPE, SEND IT BACK! No more wishy washy. No ma'am! No sir! NO MORE! I've talked with some friends and beauty lovers on Twitter and quite a few are on the same wavelength. What's the purpose of keeping something that you're lukewarm towards? That's just  a waste of money and more stuff taking up space.

I've also done what I think is my final makeup purge for the year. Instead of operating on a complete no buy, I'm going to attempt a "low buy" for 2015. Of course I will replenish what I need but I am going to be very critical when it comes to future beauty purchases and try not to buy into the "hype" from YouTube, Instagram or beauty blogs. I need to do a bit more organization in my 10 drawer cart as well. Maybe I'll do an updated makeup collection post and you'll see the difference from October 2013 and now. We'll see. So that'll be my beauty focus for 2015 along with using what I have!! Maybe I can actually hit pan on an eyeshadow or blush lol!!! Let's see how I do.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I'm on a makeup no buy. Instead I am focusing on collecting experiences and not things from now on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that! I'm sitting here thinking about perhaps a Christmas away from home next year. Along with trying to see folks in don't see too often.

      Delete

Let's chat!