Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 2014 Favorites

Here's what I've been loving for the month of December!

Eyes



I had a feeling that the Stila In the Moment palette would be a favorite when I picked it up. If I had gotten it earlier in the year, it may have been my favorite palette of 2014. But I haven't played around with it long enough to give it that title. This is an awesome neutral palette and it's a complete palette! I didn't have to add any other shadows to complete a look. It has a dark brown shadow which I love and it also has a black shadow which isn't a "scary" black shadow. Meaning that it's pigmented but not hard to blend. The shadows go nicely, easy to blend and have very nice staying power. This just might be my work travel palette for next year. It's easy to pack and easy to use. Not once when I used this I had to stare at and try to figure out a look. My "beauty mind" was like ok, these are the shadows we're using today and go! This was an awesome deal at $20. If you can get your hands on it  at the sale price, I say grab it.

Lips



I ordered the philosophy fresh cream ultimate 5 pc collection w/gift bag from QVC on auto delivery and I'm so glad I did. Fresh Cream has become my new favorite scent from philosophy. I also love that everything in this set is regular sized! I usually jump on the super sized bandwagon for philosophy products. But I've said that I'm done with super sized. The product I have been loving most from this is the lip shine. The Fresh Cream scent translates differently from product to product. The lip shine smells so freaking good! The product itself is not super sticky and is moisturizing on the lips. It's the product I have been reaching for at night to put on my lips. When I wake up in the morning, my lips feel soft and hydrated.

I picked up some of the new Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks online from Ulta when they had a 40% off promo along with buy one, get one 50% off. I think it was the Saturday after Thanksgving. An amazing deal right? One of the colors I didn't get due to it being out of stock was Siren in Scarlet. Ulta needs to do better with that but at least they didn't cancel my entire order. I heard that they did that during Black Friday. I got 5 colors and the one I have reached for the most is Divine Wine. No surprises there right? I love my berry shades. I also enjoyed wearing Lust for Blush and Mesmerizing Magenta. For a matte lipstick these are creamy and goes on very very smoothly. The pigmentation is great and the staying power on these is AWESOME! Yes I'm shouting lol. If you are looking for a good matte lipstick check these out. I'm definitely getting the red.

Face



I had some breakout issues this month. So I pulled out the Bare Minerals Blemish Ready foundation again to see how it would work. I do feel that it did help heal the breakouts on my face. It does contain my favorite acne fighting ingredient Salicylic Acid. When I first got this foundation and was using it, I didn't really have any breakouts going on to test their acne fighting claims. I'm happy to say that it worked for me. So this is a definite keeper in my beauty arsenal.

I thought I have mentioned Bobbi Brown's Highlight Powder in Bronze Glow. This was part of her holiday collection and it is pure awesomeness! I have raved about her shimmer bricks before and how easily they are to apply and how they wear nicely on the skin. This one is no different. It gives you this pretty glow that is not glittery. Trying to decide if this or Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector will be my favorite highlight product for 2014. That post is coming, so stay tuned for that.


Body



I made a Bath & Body Works run when I had a 20% off coupon and they had several promos going on. I picked up two of the Vanilla Bean Noel Body Creams. I have also shopped the Semi Annual Sale twice and got another tube *head palm*. Somehow I missed out on picking this scent up last year. If you are a vanilla lover then you have to check this out. I have always loved Bath & Body Works' Body Creams. They recently revamped the formula and it's even better. This is true vanilla scent. It's not overly sweet or fake smelling like some vanilla scents can be. The key note are: Fresh Vanilla Bean, Warm Caramel, Sugar Cookies, Whipped Cream and Snow-kissed Musk. Almost sounds like a dessert, minus the musk.

Korres released a new scent in their shower gels and body butters. The new scent Cinnamon Vanilla is EVERYTHING! OMG! It is so good! This is my new favorite Korres scent! It's a good mix of sweet and spicy. It's not too spicy that you couldn't use this all year. Well at least I would but everyone's nose is different. It'll mix well with other vanilla scented fragrances. I rarely write product reviews online but I had to share my thoughts on HSN's site. I picked up the duo which is a super awesome value. When I ordered, free shipping was available

Random Stuff



Last year I pick up a Twisted Peppermint candle from Bath and Body Works and loved it. I ended up getting 3 this year from two different trips. I gifted one and the other 2 are for me lol. I just love the scent. The peppermint is not overwhelming and it has a creamy side to it as well. It is described as "merry and bright peppermint celebrates the season with vanilla and sugary musk."

If you are an Amazon Prime member, then you HAVE to download the Amazon Music app to your smartphone, tablet, laptop or whateva so you can stream music for free. You can add various songs and albums to your library for free (as long as you maintain your Prime membership). I have had fun searching through the music and adding stuff to my library. I have the app on my phone. I'll plug in my headphones and just zone out. They also have various playlists as well. It's awesome.

Another app that has consumed a lot of my time is Candy Crush Soda! I've played Candy Crush Saga and got hooked on it but then I kind of fell off with it. When I saw that a new version was coming out, I said I would NOT download it. Well yea that didn't last long lol!!!!

Surprise Products of the Month



I ended up returning the Buxom Dolly's High Roller palette I picked up during the VIB sale and exchanged it for the Urban Decay On The Run palette. From the reviews I've read, it seems like people aren't happy with the packaging. I guess they were expecting something more "compact" for travel. I would totally travel with this. It is pretty much your full face. I love that the eyeshadows are all new shades. They are true to the quality of other Urban Decay shadows. They are pigmented and easy to apply. My favorite is Dare (second from the right). It reminds me of Buck from the original Naked palette but a tad deeper. Also I have never tried any of Urban Decay's Naked lip glosses until I picked up this palette. The gloss in the palette is called Sesso. It's described as a rose pink shimmer. It is very pretty and feels so good on the lips. I am overall pleased with this palette. Check it out if you can.

Nothing to report on nail favorites and no meh products either.

And there you have it! Woohoo! Not a lot of stuff but I really enjoyed using these products for the month on December.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to read my ramblings, commenting and sharing my posts. I hope that everyone had a Merry Merry Christmas or whatever it is you celebrate during the holiday season. If you are going out tonight for New Year's, please be safe. "See" you all in January for more favorites shenanigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!