Sunday, January 4, 2015

Product Play January 2015

Happy New Year!

So for 2015, I figured why not combine Palette Play and Polish Play into one post.

Palette Play


I have a lot of shadows. I did purge a lot last year but I still have too much for one person. First world problems I know. If you been following me for a while then you know that eyeshadows, especially palettes are my weakness. Last year I used a palette (quad, duo, or whatever) for a week. It was long enough for me to get a taste of something but I felt that I really didn't use the item. If that makes sense. So this year I am going to use a palette for two weeks. So we'll have 2 palettes for the month.  I still may use a duo, quad or small palette for a week since they are smaller. I'm determined to hit pan on something this year lol! Also I'm hoping this will help me purge some more shadows from my collection this year.


First up, I will be playing around with the Kat Von D Innerstellar palette. I ordered this from Sephora and I did one look with it when I got it. I did like the look. But I need to play around with some more to see if it's a keeper or if it's going back to Sephora.

Next I will be playing around with the two quads I picked up from MAC's Wonder Woman collection. Here we have Valiant (greens) and Defiance (pinks). I may take out the blush that I picked up from the collection and play around with it too.

Polish Play


Polish Play will still be the same. I'll just grab some polishes and use em. I said that I wasn't going to pull out a TON of polishes. But I ended up getting a lot of polishes last month and I want to play around with them. So these may take me into February. We shall see. Going to try and limit my nail polishes purchases this year and reorganize my storage.

I got the OPI Holiday Favorites set from HSN. I got this for my Secret Santa gift at work and of course I had to get me a set too lol. The set came with a bunch of goodies including five nail polishes. I already have Lincoln Park After Dark. So I'm gifting the bottle that came in the set to a friend.


Malaga Wine, Lincoln Park After Dark, My Address Is "Hollywood", Suzi Has A Swede Tooth, Bubble Bath

The OPI set also came with 3 mini polishes. It irks me that OPI doesn't print the names on the bottle. The mini Formula X polish was a 100 point Sephora perk.


Twinkle A Little Gold, Starry Night, Sugarplum Berry, A+

These mini Zoya polishes came in their Cyber Monday mystery bag. It was $15 with free shipping. It came with some other goodies and some coupons for future purchases. I was pleased and would purchase a mystery bag from them again.


Rekha, Lael, Willa

These next set of polishes I scooped up from Utla on sale. The China Glaze bottles with the silver tops, I got for 97 cents!!!! The China Glaze polish from The Giver collection I got for $3.77 and the OPI polish I got for $4.77. The next time you're in Ulta check out their clearance section. You can scoop some good deals.


Sand Dolla Make You Holla, Shell We Dance?, Teal The Tide Turns, Boundary of Memory, First Class Desires

Out of My Face


Here I'll list any products that I want to use up. Then I'll report back in a future post if I'm successful instead of the long list like I had last year. That  long list was king of intimidating and I would forget was on the doggone thing.

I have 3 things that I hope I can get used up by the end of the month.


Wen Fall Apple Spice Cleansing Conditioner, CVS Cocoa Butter Petroleum Jelly, Aveeno Positively Nourishing  Comforting Whipped Souffle

I think that's it. That's enough stuff right. Jeez!

Let the Product Play commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!