Sunday, January 4, 2015

Less Stuff...

So you've heard me talk about purging various products be it books, makeup, clothes, etc. I ran across a meme on Instagram saying something to the effect that if your clutter is cluttering your mind then you need to let things go. So that's what I have been doing for the past year and half.

Have a slipped up? Sure I have. I lost my mind recently at Bath & Body Works during the Semi Annual sale lol. But I've said to myself alright chick, you don't need anymore bath and body stuff. You're going to use what you have. I was like ok. I've also done good recently by not taking advantage of other deals and promos. I've also started unsubscribing from various email lists and cleaning out my inbox. I'm still doing good with keeping my receipts and returning stuff that I'm lukewarm about.

One blog that I stumbled upon is "Becoming Minimalist". His posts and the ones he shares are thought provoking, give good tips and is non-judgmental. I've stumbled upon some folks on Instagram using the hashtag #declutter.

I don't know if I can go FULL on minimalist. I like what I like and I'm not going to apologize for that. But I can make an effort to curtail my spending, the "need" to have some much stuff and use what I have. It's a journey I've been on for a while and it is just that a journey. It's a journey that's different for everyone and it's not going to happen overnight.  It's time to see if I can take it to the next level in 2015. This is gonna be interesting. I may be successful or I may fall flat on my face. I just want to find a happy balance at this point in my life and not be consumed by things.

This was a ramble post that popped in my head. If it doesn't make much sense then my bad :)

I may report back in June and then again in December with my efforts.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!