Sunday, January 3, 2016

January 2016 Shop My Stash


When I was doing my October 2015 Product Play post, I decided to change the name of these posts to Shop My Stash since this is the true essence of these posts. Plus this year I am going to try to buy less, truly shop my stash and replenish the necessities.

This past fall, my feelings towards "new" beauty was sort of blah. Nothing was really unique and stuff started looking the same to me. This is similar to how I felt back in 2011. I had serious buyer's remorse on some items I picked up and returned things here and there. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy all things beauty and will still probably try things here and there. I just want to be smarter with my purchases and not fall for the "hype" products that get shoved in our faces via YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc. It's just not realistic to buy everything I "want". That's true for anybody. I don't care how much you "love" makeup/beauty. I looked at my stash off and on and I have gotten rid of stuff. When I tried getting rid of more, it was hard but I do truly like what I have on hand now even though it is a lot.

Ok enough rambling! Here's what I'm play around with for the month!

Palette Play


Last year, I rotated between two palettes each month (more or less). This year I debated on doing something crazy and use one palette for the month. Now it doesn't mean I won't reach for something else if the makeup spirit moves me or if I pick something new up. What I may do is pull the questionable palettes and use those. Again we shall see. So the palette that I going to play around with this month is the Too Face Chocolate Bar palette. I haven't used this much since I got it. So I need to see if I want to keep it or pass it on. I'll check back in on the final verdict.



A little twist...I am going to have a "companion palette" that I keep on hand for the year. That palette will be Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia palette. I like the mix of neutrals in this palette and there are a couple pops of color.

Polish Play


This will still be the same as before. I'm going to play around with China Glaze and Spa Ritual this month. I may list the shades that I actually use later on.

Out of My Face

I'm only listing the products that I actually use up or items that get tossed/given away from my stash. I always have products in mind that I want to use up. But then I felt"weird" when an item stays on my list too long. Silly I know.

Here's what I used up in December:
  • Wen Fall Apple Spice Cleansing Conditioner 16oz
  • Wen Summer Coconut Lime Verbena Replenishing Treatment Mist
  • Wen Fig & Sweet Orange Treatment Oil
  • L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate
  • Christie Brinkley Recapture Day + IR Defense Cream
  • Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
  • Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
  • Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker Hand & Nail Therapy
  • NYC In a Minute Grand Central Station - this actually started turning goopy on me halfway through the bottle. I'm sticking with Duri Miracote from now on as my top coat. It's holy grail status for me.
  • Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake candle (small size)
  • Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque
  • Carmex Lip Balm
  • Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamin 720 count
Phew! And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!