Sunday, January 3, 2016

December 2015 Top 5

Happy New Year!

I've been sick the first few days into the New Year boo! I wanted to get my December Top 5 to you along with what I'll be playing around with in January. So two posts today! Woohoo!

Let's get to it!



UD Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette

I'm glad I didn't listen to the naysayers and scooped up this palette. I got mine from Sephora. It is so pretty and versatile. I was never "stuck" on what to do with it. The three darkest shades create a BOMB smoky eye! *swoons*. The colors are pigmented, smooth and easy to blend. If you're curious about this palette, take a look at it while you're out and about. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Lipsticks are supposed to be launching this Spring. Some samples came with the palette and the colors are beautiful.

Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette

Yep another Urban Decay palette. This is the only Vice palette that I own. I wanted to get the Vice 3 palette but I passed on it. This one for some reason I could not stop looking at. I grabbed it during the Sephora VIB sale and I'm glad I did. The colors are super pretty. There isn't anything too crazy in the palette. Slap two colors together and you have an eye look that looks like it took a lot of effort. I enjoyed using this palette in December. Currently this is on sale for $39. I did a quick search and I don't see it on Sephora's site any more. I did see it on beauty.com (free shipping). I'm not sure if it's on sale in stores. So grab it if it has been on your wish list! I highly recommend it.

Zoya Renee

I got this shade in the 2015 Zoya Cyber Monday Mystery Bag. The bag was awesome! Everything accept two items were full sized products. All for $20 and free shipping. I'm definitely ordering again this year. I got stuck on this polish after doing my holiday festive nail post. I couldn't get over how this is the perfect red shade. It's not too bright. It's not too dark. It doesn't run orange. It doesn't run berry. It's from the Redbook Collection where Zoya teamed up with Redbook and special everyday ladies were nominated to have this own nail polish shade. It is described as "the plush classic Christmas Santa red."

Qtica Intense Overnight Lip Repair Balm 

This is another item from the Zoya Cyber Monday Mystery Bag. I slapped this on my lips one night, not really expecting much. It comes out white and it's somewhat thick. I didn't think it would blend into my lips easily but it did. Once I got it on my lips I was like oooohhh. It has a slight tingling sensation that doesn't last long. It feels so nice on the lips. The next morning, my lip were soft, smooth and hydrated. I have not used a lip scrub since using this product. It's a level up from Carmex. This is a $12 product but I would consider purchasing it. Now I'm curious about other products in this line. *shifty eyes*

GILI Roma 2 Tote


I switched to this bag after my work trip earlier in November and I'm still carrying it. A couple of times I was going to swap it out for another bag but I just didn't want to. This bag is an easy bag to carry (for me it is). It's a larger bag but I love larger bags. I do carry a separate "work bag"during the week, but sometimes it's annoying to carry two bags. So it was nice to be able to throw everything I needed for the day into one bag and keep it moving. I have also traveled with this bag. I was in Ulta one day and a lady complimented me on it. I wish I got it black. My cousin has it in black and it looks really nice. I may see if I can find a new one on eBay. When I saw my grandpa, he called my bag luggage LOL!!!!

And a quick bonus...


My brother graduated from college! Woohoo! A lot of ups and downs but he did it! It was fun weekend.

I'm not sure if I'll stick with 5 items or go back to categories. Or do something completely different.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!