Sunday, January 7, 2018

December 2017 Top 5


Happy New Year! I was trying to get this up the last week of December but as you can see that did not happen. I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Here's in my last top 5 to round out 2017!



Laura Geller Iconic Baked Sculpting Lipstick in Broadway Plum

In December, I went through my lip products like a bandit. I should have taken before and after pictures. This lipstick a friend sent to me. I couldn't remember if I liked it our not. So I put in the current rotation of lip products. This is a really good lipstick. It's nicely pigmented and does not go on streaky. Dark lipsticks like this can sometimes go on patchy which drives me nuts! The staying power on this lipstick is fantastic. With a normal day of eating, drinking, talking, etc it wore nicely. I didn't have to reapply but I did just because I wanted to lol. It also felt nice on the lip going on and throughout the day. My lips didn't feel dry or tight. And of course I love the color. It's deep aubergine. So this is a definite keeper for me. I may try another shade from the line. They are at Ulta woohoo!

MAC Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish

This was my highlighter of choice for the month of the December. It paired nicely with the deeper toned pink and berry blushes I wore. It's limited edition but MAC stays bringing stuff back. So keep a look out if it strikes your fancy.

BH Cosmetics ItsMyRayeRaye Palette

I follow ItsMyRayeRaye on Instagram and I saw that she collaborated with BH Cosmetics and created a palette and brush set. When I saw the palette I instantly fell in love with the shade section. It's a 21 color eyeshadow, highlight and contour palette. I thought it was cool that it has face products in addition to eyeshadows. I try to support women of color influencers when they collaborate with brands. I ordered the palette from BH Cosmetics.The was the main palette I used for the month. The shadows and highlighters are very nice. I have not used the face powders yet. I went ahead and ordered the brush set from Ulta the other day. The palette is also at Ulta. I have a work trip coming up and have no idea what palette to take. I may take this one since it's a nice all in one palette and I'm not trying to take a bunch of stuff with me.

Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation

This foundation was the main foundation I reached for in December. I hadn't used in a while and forgot how much I liked it. I think this foundation is better suited for me in the cooler months but I can get away with wearing it if it's not too hot outside. The coverage of the foundation is fantastic. You do not need a lot to get the job done and the wear time of it is excellent. I wear the shade Deep Honey I'm tempted to try the next shade up in Rich Honey to see if it'll be a better shade for me when the weather is more and I get a tad bit darker. We shall see.

Love by Chaz Dean Eau de Parfum

When I ordered the Wen December Today's Special Value from QVC, a sample of this fragrance was included. Wen fragrances are hit or miss with me but I was curious to try it out. Once I saw the notes of this of the fragrance, I knew I was going to like it. The top note are Acai, White Currant and White Grapefruit and they are blended with Plumeria ad Rose Blossoms. It also has Ceadarwood and Amber extracts which I love. It's a warm and inviting scent that is not overpowering.  It'll be available for purchase in February and I am definitely grabbing a bottle!

One product I didn't like this month is the Korres Sea Lavender Body Butter. I ordered the Korres Special Edition 10-piece Body Butter Gift Collection from HSN that had minis of the body butters. I said I could use as hand creams. Now I kinda wished I returned it but I gifted one of the body butters. Oh well. The Sea Lavender scent is very strong. It lingers and it kinda tickles my nose. So I don't know if maybe I'm allergic to something in the body butter. Also when I touched stuff the scent got on whatever I touched. So I'm not a fan.

And there you have it! Thanks for following my ramblings of stuff I like and didn't like in 2017!

Next up we're gonna talk about my last set of empties for 2017!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, lady! I received an ULTA giftcard for Christmas. That ItsMyRayRay palette is looking mighty tempting. ��
    Can't wait to read your empties post!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!