Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Meh Products First Quarter 2017


Helllllllooooooo!

I thought with it being summertime that things would mellow out some. HA! What was I thinking? I've talked about a bunch of things I've like so far this year. But believe me there have been some items that I have not liked and even some past favorites that I don't care for now. Here are some products that I played around with through April that I didn't like.



Makeup Revolution Palettes

I mentioned the Ultra Eye Contour palette (left) and the New-trals vs Neutrals palette (right) in my March 2017 Shop My Stash post.  I did a look with each palette and I was not impressed. When applying shades from the Ultra Eye Contour palette, the shades applied kind of ashy on me. Once everything was done and set, the look came out fine but I wasn't wowed by it. I used the brown shades from the New-trals vs Neutrals palette. The brown shimmer shade was nice but I felt like I had to keep digging into to build up the color and I had the same issue with the matte shades applying ashy. So meh. There are other drugstore priced shadows that I think are much better than these. Also since I have A LOT of eyeshadows, I can get the same looks. So both went back to Ulta.

Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask

I picked this up from Ulta after seeing it on Snapchat. I used it a few times and felt like it didn't do anything for my skin. Generally you get instant results for a mask. My skin didn't appear any brighter or smoother. It smells really good but that's about it. I was going to return it but then when I was at Ulta I had another return that was on a different receipt and that return took way too long. I got annoyed and said whatever and kept it. I used it it a couple more times since then and again it's just ok. Right now it's sitting in a drawer with some other skin care items. Not sure if  I'll make an effort to use it up or just toss it.

Bare Minerals Lash Domination Ink Liner

I picked this up because one of my YouTube favs recommended it and I just couldn't get into it. It was ok if I had a matte eyeshadow on my lid. If I had something with the least bit of shimmer it would look weird. Also it's not the blackest liquid liner and it faded on me by the end of the day. So no bueno.

Urban Decay Naked Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer

I thought I had mentioned this as a favorite before but looks like I haven't. I've had this concealer for a while and I really did like it. I took it with me as my concealer to San Francisco and the more I used it, the more I didn't like it. Compared to tarte's Shape Tape this is kinda lackluster. ANYTHING compare to Shape Tape is lackluster at this point because Shape Tape is that GOOD! One big thing I noticed it that my eyeliner on my lower lash line looked like garbage by the end of the day and the ONLY thing that was different is the concealer I used underneath my eye. So I will be parting ways with this concealer and sticking with Shape Tape.

Colour Pop Lip Liners

Now if you've been following me along, then you know that I have RAVED about these lip liners. I've mentioned them as favorites A LOT. They were even listed in my 2015 Top 10 post. They are pigmented and they have some nice colors. The one thing that gave me pause at first is how soft they are. I could always get a nice line of my lips but sometimes I ended up overdrawing my lips. I overlooked it. But then it got on my nerves more and more. Then the pencil itself would break off inside the tube and the pencil part would move around. So I put them to aside as I went back to an old favorite NYX lip liners and I haven't touched Colour Pop liners since. The NYX ones are a traditional pencil and don't have issues with them. Also when I thought about it, NYX has always had a lot colors with their lip liners way before Colour Pop stepped on to the scene. NYX is also cheaper too and you can find them in store and are not restricted to just ordering online. I probably will toss what Colour Pop Liners I have except Too Lips unless I can find a NYX dupe.

And there you have it.

Going forward I'll mention whatever items I don't like briefly in my top 5 posts. Sound good? Speaking of which my Top 5 for June should be next up.

TTFN - ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!