Sunday, June 11, 2017

May 2017 Top 5


Here's my top 5 for May!


philosophy Honey & Cream

I saw sneak peeks of this new philosophy scent on social media. I was curious but then forgot about it. It was included in the philosophy joyful bath & body 4 piece mega collection that was a Today's Special Value in April. They did a similar set like them last year with MEGA 64oz shower gel. Now I said that I would not get a set that had this much shower gel! Never say never right? HA! The value was ridiculous and it came with two super sized Glazed Body Souffles. You know these are my favorite body moisturizers. So I caved and did auto delivery. The Hone & Cream scent has "honey notes and light, fluffy cream". It just smells good. It's kind of calming as well. I'm sure at some point it'l be available at retail and you can give it a whiff.

philosophy Lemon Custard

I also ordered the philosophy super-size body souffle & body spritz set in Lemon Custard when I ordered Honey & Cream. I have raved about the shower gel last year. I had the Glazed Body Souffle in another set but I ended up returning it. So I jumped on this. The Lemon Custard scent has "lemon zest with a silky, smooth custard finish". This definitely a pick me up scent. The custard component mixes well with the Lemon. I reached for this on morning when I need that extra something to get me going.

Serious Skincare Continuously Clear Medicated Moisture Replenishing Cream

I ordered the Serious Skincare Over 40 Breakout Control Kit from HSN. I have been wanting to try the Continuously Clear line for a while. So I said why not with this set and grab some Vitamin C products as well. I've enjoyed the three Continuously Clear items but the stand out was the cream! This line has two moisturizer, this one and the gel. When I originally looked at this line I leaned more so towards the gel since I'm oily but I'm learning that oily skin still needs to be moisturized properly. When they explained the cream, they said they created for mature skin that needs moisture and the gel was more so for younger skin (teens and young adults) that don't need as much moisture. I thought that was a cool idea. Still I thought that the cream would be "too much" for my skin. Not the case at all and the cream is fantastic! I wasn't heavy on my skin and it didn't make me greasy. I was impressed by the ingredient deck which includes Retinyl Palmitate, Glycolic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid. I would definitely repurchase this on its own. I still my try the gel at some point to use as a daytime moisturizer.

Butter London Nail Polishes (Brown Sugar, Wallis, All Hail the Queen)

I mentioned in my May Shop My Stash post that I was having some chipping issues with the Butter London polishes I took to San Francisco. I believe the culprit was the base coat I was using. These three polishes I wore a lot through the month and I've continued using them into June. Brown Sugar got the most use. It's a opaque, copper shimmer with gold glitter. IWhen I first put it on, I wasn't too sure about it. Then I ended up really liking it and I received compliments on it. This may be my go to nail polish for the summer. Wallis is a unique shade that's a golden olive green shimmer. I used All Hail the Queen (holographic beige shimmering) in a recent nail post.

Juvia's Place Blush Palette Vol 2

When I saw on Instagram that Juvia's Place was coming out with blushes, I was super excited! I scooped this when they have a free shipping promo. By the time I ordered Vol 1 was sold out but I was able to order it via Hautelook. So it'll be in rotation soon. In these palette there are 4 matte blushes and two shimmer blushes. I have not worn the shimmer blushes on their own. I mix them with the matte blushes using them more so like a highlighter. The matte blushes are smooth and you can build the color on your cheeks. This is hands down my favorite blush palette that I've tried!

And let's throw in a couple of quick bonuses shall we? These are products that caught me by surprise.


Cafe Bustello Espresso Style K Cups

I stumbled upon this coffee on sale at CVS. One of my YouTube faves Jennifer Wan, has mentioned it in her vlogs, so I said why not. I was kind of leery since it said Espresso Style. But I was tickled that it says stands up to sugar and cream on the packaging. So I gave it a go and I really really like it! I do add sugar and cream to my coffee. Sometimes I can be heavy handed with the cream and my coffee can be too sweet. This does stand up to cream and sugar. It has a very nice flavor that's not too strong even thought it's an Espresso Style coffee. It gives me that jolt I need first thing in the morning. I need to try is as an iced coffee! *note to self*

Brows

Brows are something in my routine that at first I didn't really do.. Then I started doing them but I was never really "obsessed" with them like some tend to be. That's kinda changed over the last couple of months. Everyone raves about Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. I've looked at it here and there but never have been moved to purchase it. Well that changed during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty and Brow Wiz was on sale for $10 I think. I ended up getting two shades (Chocolate and Ebony) from Ulta's website. Both shades work for me but I like Ebony a little more. I have enjoyed using Brow Wiz and you can get a nice natural looking brow with it. Then I started thinking about the NYX Micro Brow Pencil that's a dupe. I tried it when it first came out but then I couldn't pick the right shade and I hadn't used a brow pencil that fine in a long time. So I gave it another try and I picked up the shade Chocolate. It is too light to use through my full brow. Then I remember people mentioned using a lighter shade in the front part of their brow because it looks more natural. I gave that a go and color me surprised, I liked the way it turned out. I used the NYX pencil through the first 1/4 of my brown and I used Iman's brow pencil through the rest of my brow. So yay brows!

There you have it. Let's see what June brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!