Monday, June 5, 2017

Top 5 - Travel Edition (San Francisco)



For my work trips I am usually gone a week. So it's hard to not take too much stuff since I am going for quite a while. I typically try to take tried and true products but I also may take something new to try out. Here are my 5 favorites from my San Francisco trip.

Garnier 5 Second Blur Instant Smoother

This was the primer I decided to take. I scooped this form Walgreens when it was on sale for like $8. I should have gone back and picked up another one. This is a really good primer. It takes down the shine on my face and smooths out my skin. Foundation goes on effortlessly with this primer.  I also wore it alone with no makeup.

Serious Skincare Creamerum Evolve

Travel takes a toll on your skin especially being on an airplane. So I added this to my morning routine before both of my flights. I continued using it for the week because my skin apparently needed the extra moisture. The keep my skin hydrated and plump!

Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks

I picked up the shades Sanctuary (nude coffee) and Crucifix (deep chocolate) during the recent Sephora sale. They came the day I was packing and I threw them in my makeup bag. I really enjoyed these shades! Sanctuary is nude perfection for my skin tone. I love good chocolate lip color and Crucifix is just that. I also think that these have been reformulated. They felt a lot nicer on the lips than some of the original shades I have. I'm tempted to get more shades but I'm trying to be good.

Tarte Palettes (Maneater and Sex Kitten)

I got two new palettes from Tarte. I got them the week before my trip. I did a couple of looks with each palette to make sure that I liked them enough to travel with. I've really been enjoying these smaller Tarte palettes. Maneater is warmed toned and Sex Kitten is cool toned. The each have seven eyeshadows and a highlighter. The eyeshadows are smooth, pigmented and easy to blend. They pair nicely together as well.

Nail-Aid Acetone Spray Remover in Keratin & Cocoa Butter

I think I saw this on Snapchat and said hmmmm this would be good for travel. It removed my nail polish without any extra effort. I really like how my nails and nail area were nicely conditioned and not dry! I'm not sure how long this would last with regular use but it's great for travel. I ordered from the company's website. Their products are at Walmart too. I'm curious about their base coats.

BONUS: Qflmy Vintage Retro Canvas Messenger Bag Crossbody Shoulder Bag

I was ready to take my Dooney & Bourke Multi Color Nylon North/South Triple Zip Crossbody, Then I decided I wanted something that could hold a little more and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I took to Amazon and ordered the Qflmy Vintage Retro Canvas Messenger Bag Crossbody Shoulder Bag in grey. This bag is fantastic for travel or even just for everyday. It's lightweight and there are tons of pockets for organization. The shoulder strap is nice a long so I could crossbody it with ease. I may order one of the brown colors and maybe even black.

And here is a pic of the Bay Bridge lit up. I was able to get out to the Ferry Building which I highly recommend checking out if you are ever in San Francisco.


I have another trip at the end of July and possibly on at the end of October. So I'll try to do Top 5 posts for those two trips.

I still have my Top 5 for May! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!