Monday, November 30, 2015

November 2015 Top 5


I feel like this is the work travel edition of my top 5. These were some of the items that I took with me to Florida and continued using once I got back.


Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

In my November Product Play post, I mentioned that I was thinking about taking the Naked 2 palette with me to Florida. I did take it along with the Naked Smoky palette. I reached for the Naked 2 palette more so. Of all the Naked palettes, this one doesn't get a lot of love but it's really easy to use. This was good for quick and simple looks. The two shades I wore a lot on their own are Tease and Busted. They are very pretty one shadows looks. Urban Decay is another brand that I've been impressed with this year.

NYX Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand

I picked this up during some sale at Ulta in Nutmeg. I swatched it against Bare Mineral Stroke of Light and the shades matched. So I was happy there. The consistency of this is thicker since it's a concealer and Stroke of Light is an eye brightener with a thinner consistency. I've used this for a while and I really do like it. It has nice coverage and blends out nicely. I would definitely repurchase this concealer and you can't beat the price. Its funny one morning after doing my face makeup (primer, foundation, concealer and powder), I realized each item I used was a drugstore product. I never thought there would be a day when I would be able to do my face makeup with drugstore products. So shout out to the drugstore for increasing their shade ranges. They can still so better but they're getting there.

Colour Pop Ellarie Lip Liner

For the girl who has used brown lip pencils 100% of the time, has found a new favorite in the Ellarie lip pencil from Colour Pop! Ellarie is described as blackened violet. I've seen people say it's a dupe for MAC's Nightmoth. It pairs nicely with so many different shades! I've worn it with reds, berries, mauve, purple and pinks. I should try it when different shades of brown. It's just bomb. It gives so much definition to whatever color you pair it with. It's even nice on its own. I'll be due for a replacement soon. Shoot I may order two. It's that good. Colour Pop lip liners in general are SO GOOD and only $5! I can't even. I just can't.

Black Radiance Soft Focus Finishing Powder in Milk Chocolate Finish 

I thought I had talked about this powder a lot more. I mentioned it back in February but I promise you I have gushed about this powder to others lol! It's just good stuff and it pairs beautifully with the Covergirl Queen All Day Flawless foundation. It has about 8 claims listed on the back and I swear all of them hold true. It evens out the foundation, gives you a hint more coverage, mattifies your skin, it sets everything and it makes my skin look FLAWLESS! FLLLLLAAWWWLESSSS! I do have it in the two lighter shades and they are nice to play around with to under my eyes. You can see that I've made a nice dent in the powder. Pan is near! That's it. I'll stop here. I'll keep on gushing about this doggone powder lol! Another great drugstore find for me this year.

Dooney & Bourke Multi Color Nylon North/South Triple Zip Crossbody

I took this bag with me to Florida. I usually try to take a smaller bag with me on work trips. I never took this bag with me because I couldn't fit my wallet in it. Which really was stupid because I carry a larger wallet. I do have a smaller wallet that I carry from time to time for work travel but haven't used it in a while. This bag has three compartments and I love it. I used the smallest compartment as my "wallet". It held my ID, debit card and cash. The middle compartment held my room key, hand sanitizer, hand cream and things like that. The main big compartment held my cell phone, tissues and lip product of the day. While travelling it held my boarding pass, shuttle pass and even my Kindle fit. It's a small bag but it holds the essentials that you need while travelling. Also it was never too heavy, no matter how much I packed in it. The crossbody strap on the bag is nice. Usually they are short on me and the bag hits me at an awkward position. I also used the bag when I ran quick errands and did not necessarily need my everyday bag when I got back from Florida. I'm definitely keeping this bag nearby, so I can grab it when I need it. I got it from QVC. It's no longer available but I'm sure you can find this similar style elsewhere

And there you have it. Short and sweet.

On to December. I can't believe it! Seriously where did 2015 go??!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!