Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 2015 Yays! & Boos!

And we have another post today! Woohoo!

Here are the products that took me by surprise this month, along with some fail products.

Yays!


Wen Nourishing Mousse in Fig

Me? Use a mousse? No way! I think back in the day I used a random mousse from the drugstore to scrunch my hair. Bad idea lol! I heard that the Wen mousse was coming out in Tea and Fig in September. You know Wen's Tea Tree and Fig are two of my favorites. During the presentation Chaz Dean was saying how different it is from traditional mousse and it's treatment based. I was curious and said why not. The Fig mousse was on advance order. So I ordered and waited. When I got my shipping notice, I was like ok let's see what's what. I've used the mousse when I air dried my hair and with the blow dryer. I can't explain it but if gave my hair some extra oomph! It made my hair really smooth and soft!

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid

I have another beauty pusha lol! I follow Felicia of ThisThatBeauty on Instagram and Twitter. I recently started following her on Snapchat and she is er'thang! She is my big sister in my head. She's 40 and does not look it at ALL and she's just super cool. Skincare is one of her big things. She has a series on her blog that's pretty in depth on how to get rid of dark spots. She snaps her skincare routine and in one of her snaps she RAVED about this product. Y'all know it don't take much for me to try something. When I ordered there was a promo on the trail size for $9 and free shipping. So I ordered it and the Resist cleanser. I've been using it morning and night and I can tell a difference in my skin. It's a lot smoother and brighter. Since it has Salicylic Acid, it has helped with my breakouts. I have already ordered a full size. I've been eyeing various items from Paula's Choice due to reviews I've heard and read. I've been somewhat leery since she does review products and has her own line. My first introduction to Paula was through her book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me". I checked it out from the library YEARS ago. I didn't read the whole thing since it was hella thick. I wasn't impressed because I felt that she pretty much slammed a lot of products. I wrote a review on Amazon and it's probably my least liked review which tickles me for some reason. There may be some comments on it by now lol! I haven't bothered looking. You know how people on the Internet can be. Anywho I'm glad I reserved judgment and picked up this product. I've picked up samples of some other products. There may be some more Paula's Choice items in my future. If you're interested in ordering and saving $10 off your order, let me know.

Serious Skincare Double-Size Creamerum Evolve PLUS Evolve Eye

This was Today's Special on HSN. Lord knows that I did not need any more skin care but I ordered it anyway. The creamerum is a cream and serum in one. I instantly was surprised by the Evolve Eye. I've tried a lot of eye creams and I think this is one of the best ones I've tried. It absorbs into the skin so nicely but it's not heavy or greasy. It doesn't interfere with my eye makeup on under eye concealer and I feel that I've need less concealer under my eyes as well. The Creamerum Evolve I've tried before. I was undecided on it when I first tried it. So I sent it back. This deal was so good with the Evolve Eye included, I said ok let's give it one more try. It's light and also absorbs into the skin nicely. I've used it on its own, with the L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum and other moisturizers and it has worked well with other products. At night I have be using it more so like a night cream. I do feel like my skin is smoother, brighter, nicely hydrated and has helped with dark spots from breakouts. It doesn't interfere with my face makeup when I use it during the day. I think everything goes on a lot easier with it. I'm glad I signed up for auto ship.

Harmon Face Values Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

This was a random purchase from Bed, Bath & Beyond. These are comparable to the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. I think these were $3.99 which is a great price. I think the Neutrogena ones were $4.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond which is the cheapest I've seen it in any store. I really enjoyed using the Harmon ones. What shocked me the most was that each towelette I used was nicely saturated. You know how sometimes you run into a wipe or two that is somewhat dry? I have not had that problem with these. I am definitely going to repurchase another pack or two.

Boos!


Murad Clarifying Toner

I've been getting facials at Massage Envy and they use Murad products. Of course they encourage you to use the products to help maintain your skin. The lady I've been seeing is nice and not overly pushy but it's kind of getting on my nerves. I've tried 3 products and they are pricey. The most recent product I've tried is the Clarifying Toner. I ordered it from Ulta. I don't have sensitive skin and don't mind the tingly sensation from a toner. This joker burns! When I first used it I was like oh oh oohhhhhh! The sensation lasted for a good while too. It did make my skin feel soft after using it but this joker is  $24 and I feel that I've gotten better results from the Neutrogena Oil Eliminating Astringent that I have repurchased multiple times or with Dickinson's Witch Hazel. So back to Ulta this went and that's why it's not pictured above.

Paula's Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser

I'm undecided on this product. I don't hate it but I'm not overly wowed by it. It does get my face clean and it doesn't feel stripped. It's a foaming cleanser and I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of foaming cleanser. I didn't realize it was a foaming cleanser until after I ordered it. I've use it twice a day and it gets the job done. I'm going to continue using it. Maybe my feelings will change. I want to try her Skin Balancing cleanser but I'm trying to be good and use what I have on hand now. Let's see if it holds.

NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eye Shadow Primer

My eyeshadow primer woes continue. I was poking around on Ulta's website when there was a NYX promo going on. I looked at the reviews and said why not. I like the consistency and how tacky it got when it set. So I thought maybe this would do the trick and get my shadows to stay in place. Yea well not so much! I tried it on its own and various shadows sticks along with a powder shadow. Oh well it was inexpensive. I'm at the point now where I want to get rid of every eyeshadow I own. I even tried previous holy grail primers and the same thing! Something has got to give.

Laura Mercier Sleek & Chic Palette

I ordered this palette from Nordstrom when they were price matching it at 10% off. I really enjoy the two previous palettes. So I excited to get this one. This one only have 3 repeat shadows. So that's not too bad. I played around with it and I just wasn't moved by it. Plus I feel like the shimmery shades aren't all that pigmented. I kept going back in a few shades multiple times to build up color on my eye lid. I don't have this problem with her other two palettes. So back it went.

And there you have it! Let's see what shenanigans take place next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!