Sunday, October 11, 2015

September 2015 Top 5

I don't know why but I just couldn't get myself together to get this up at the end of the month. Oh well. Here's my top 5 for September.


Ashea Shea Butter Pomade

This is a long time favorite. My hairdresser introduced this product to me years ago and she sold it in her shop. For some reason I stopped using it. From time to time I would look online for it but did not feel like paying the high shipping costs that I came across. When I was at the Ubiquitous Health & Hair show, I saw Ashea listed as one of the vendors in the program. At first I was like nooooo. I said to my friend let's find this booth and sure enough it was them! I was toooooo excited. They had some good deals going on. I got 3 jars of their Shea Butter Pomade. Yes it is that serious and I was not playing. I picked up some of their other products as well. This stuff is awesome. It smells GOOD, it moisturizes and add shine to your hair without weighing it down and it makes my hair super soft!!! I use it with my flat iron and on days when I throw my hair back. One problem I've always had with pulling my hair back is that by the time I take it down at the end of the day, it can be really dry. Using this I have not had that issue, My hair is just as moisturized when I put it up in the morning to when I take it down in the evening. I'm so glad that I have this product back in my hair rotation. The rep at the Ashea booth said you can even use it on your body. I can't wait to try it out as a body moisturizer.

Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist in Fig

There was a Wen Today's Special Value on QVC in September and it was my "dream set". I have tried the Replenishing Treatment Mists (RTM) before but never in Fig. Fig is considered the most moisturizing of the various scents/formulations in the line. When it comes to the styling products in the line, Fig works best on my hair. The Fig RTM makes my hair soft and moisturized. At night I spray this in my hair along with the oil I'm going to talk about next and tie my hair up. In the morning when I comb my hair down it feels amazeballs. So glad I have this in the super size. I have put a nice dent in already.

Wen Fig Sweet Orange Treatment Oil

I am also no a stranger to the Wen Treatment Oils but this is also my first time trying it in Fig Sweet Orange oil. The oil was also included in the set that I got in September. Now I LOOOOOOVVVEEE me some Wen Tea Tree Eucalyptus Treatment Oil, It's a holy grail product. Fig is giving Tea Tree a run for its money. Like with the Replenishing Treatment Mist, I find it very moisturizing for my hair. I've used it as an oil treatment before washing my hair, on my hair wet and dry. I'm glad to have this in my rotation and of course I signed up for auto delivery on this set. So I have two more shipments coming woohoo!!

Brush Egg

I saw this in a video and I was curious. I know Sigma has their brush glove or whatever it's called and it's like $30. Uhhh no thank you! I paid $3.99 and got free shipping from Amazon. This little joker makes washing makeup brushes so easy and it speeds up the process! It's really good for face brushes which are a pain to wash. It gets everything out along with whatever you use to clean your brushes with. If you hate washing your makeup brushes then give this a try. I may pick up a few more for Christmas gifts for some of my makeup loving friends.

Ulta Matte Lip Creams

I had no business picking these up lol. When I went to exchange the Anastasia Shadow Couture palette for the L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum, I ended up looking at some Ulta brand products. There was a buy 2, get 2 free promo going on and I had their $3.50 off $10 coupon. These are nice. They remind me of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. They stay on your lips and don't come off easily while eating and drinking. Also they don't dry out your lips. Of the 4 shades I picked up, Stirring (berry shade) is my favorite. It's the second one pictured above I wore it several times during the month. The other 3 shades I picked up are Passionate, Allusive and Striking.

And there you have it. Mostly hair products this month which is interesting to me. I tried to keep it short and sweet since this is so late. I did start a surprise products post for September. I think I may just combine it with October or I may get it up this week. We shall see on that.

I think my blogging mojo is coming back. I think I may do another Blogapalooza like I did back in October 2013. I'm thinking about doing Blogmas for December! I need to think on it some more.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!