Friday, November 16, 2012

My debt sentence...


This pic has been floating around Facebook for a while. So I don't know who to give the proper credit to. If anyone knows, please let me know. I have my Bachelors and Masters degrees. I was lucky to get some scholarships and grant money for undergrad that did help out for the first two years or so. Then I had to go the student loan route which is fine. It is what it is. My payments after I graduated undergrad weren't too bad. Then I had the "bright" idea of going back to school to get my Masters. Again I went the student loan route. I did what I was "supposed" to do in terms of getting a "good education.  But what do I have to show for it other than a bunch of debt?

Fast forward to now...it frustrates me, stresses me out and has me questioning my self worth, the two times out of the month when I pay my student loan bills. I'm like what did I got to school for, if in turn I have to pay X amount of money every month? To think what I could have done with that money. And I'm not talking about frivolous stuff either. I have things that I serious NEED to do. I feel for those who are paying more than what I'm paying on a monthly basis. The whole education thing is so azz backwards in this country. I could go into more detail. Maybe in another post. I need to see some real change on the whole student loan debate. People out here are really hurting financially due to the whole student loans debacle.  All from doing what they were "supposed" to do.

Sorry if my thoughts seem all jumbled. I typing this on the fly and very much upset. Ok next post will be more upbeat since I've been all serious lately :)  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!