Saturday, September 8, 2018

August 2018 Hit List


Can someone please tell me where Summer went? I am looking forward to Fall as always but after that comes Winter *sigh*. I hate Winter!

Here are my favorites for August. Some of these items came with me on my work trip to Chicago.


IT Cosmetics Miracle Water

I picked this up from QVC when they had a Today's Special Value (which I did order but I sent it back). What intrigued me about this product is that is a 3 in 1. It's skin-brightening radiance booster, anti-aging treatment essence and skin-softening micellar cleanser. I've mainly been using during my evening skin routine and I LOVE IT! It gets any extra dirt and makeup off my face, my skin has been brighter with continued use and my skin is super soft after using it. I'm always looking for something to brighten my skin and I've been wanting to add an essence to my routine. It's an easy product to incorporate into your routine. I also love the water like consistency. This month I have been using "thinner" products like this and I have really been enjoying them. Of course I opted for auto delivery. It also can with a mini Secret Sauce moisturizer but I have not tried it yet.

Erborian Bamboo Matte Lotion

This is another "thin" product that I have added to my morning skin care routine. A friend was nice enough to pass this along to me. It is available at Sephora. I have been eyeing a matte face primer from this brand. This product combined with the next product below has done wonders for my foundation application. My skin in smooth and nicely matte not dried out. When I was in Chicago even my boss mentioned that my makeup looked good. I was like well then! I plan on repurchasing this product during the VIB sale in November.

Luzern La Defense Urban Protect Daily Moisturizer

I thought I had talked about this before but apparently not. Another product that my friend passed along to me. It can be purchased from their website. I've mainly used this when I travel for a daytime moisturizer and I forgot how much I really like it. It protects your skin from all the bad stuff we encounter everyday like pollution and such. It absorbs nicely into the skin and I feel like mattfies, smooths and plumps out my skin. It feels perfectly moisturized. So this combined with the Erborian Bamboo Matte Lotion...HELLO! As much as I love it I highly doubt I'll purchase it when I'm done mainly due to the cost. I mean it's $85! But never say never. Stranger things have happened.

Tarte Tarlette in Bloom Palette

I went back and forth on what palette to travel with and I settled on this one. This is an awesome palette for travel. I think it's the third time I've traveled with it. It's super easy to use and I had no trouble with my looks lasting all day. Also the dark matte shades in this palette are everything! I think this may be my go to palette for travel.

Urban Decay Darkhorse Eyeshadow

I took the Urban Decay Rollergirl palette with me to Chicago mainly for one eyeshadow. I used Darkhorse a lot. It's the perfect dark brown eyeshadow. It's described as a deep mocha . I'm tempted to get in a single shadow. Or repurchase the original Naked palette I destashed since the palette is being discontinued and is currently on sale. I could wear a dark brown eye look everyday and be happy.

MAC Blush in Notable and Raizin

If you've been following me along these two blushes have been long time favorites. Both are matte blushes Notable is muted brick rose color. It's hands down my favorite pink blush. Raizin is golden reddish-brown. These two blushes go with almost any look that I do.

ColourPop Bardot Blush

I just mentioned this blush last month. I was about to put it away but still kept reaching for it in August. I may leave in rotation come Fall. I think it'll pair nicely with my favorite dark lippies! It is described as rusty red copper

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick & Hi-Fi Shine Lipgloss in Rapture

These two were impulse buys while I was in Chicago. I forgot my Beso lipgloss that I also talked about last month. So I was going to buy another gloss. Sephora doesn't carry Beso. So instead of walking out of the store, I picked up not one but two new lippies *head palm*. Rapture is described as a dusty rose (lipstick) and rose mauve (lipgloss) and it is beautiful! I pretty much wore this lippie the entire week. I paired with a purple line and a berry liner and it looked good with both. I may have finally ordered Backtalk during the recent Sephora Insider Appreciation sale too *twirls*.

OLEHENRIKSEN Balance It All™ Essentials Set


This more of a surprise item vs favorite. I picked this set up from Sephora. I had a sample of the cleanser and I really liked it. I got this set to get more of the cleanser and to try the toner and moisturizer. I used these products on a super hot day were I was sweating a lout. Also I went to Sunday brunch and the AC in the restaurant I was in didn't seem to be working or due to the huge windows letting in all the sunlight in overtook the AC. I thought I would be a greasy mess when I got home but I wasn't! I was shocked. I did use another serum and SPF with these items but then didn't interfere with the OLEHENRIKSEN products. I'm going to pull this set back out and use it in September since it's still hot out.

And there you have it. A nice mix of products for the month. Let's see what September brings!

Here's the view from my room in Chicago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!