Monday, September 17, 2018

Palette Obsessions: Coloured Raine and Makeup Revolution






I swear I can't stop buying eyeshadow palettes! When I heard that the original Naked palette was being discontinued, I was so tempted to get one since I got rid of mine like a dummy. Well I can now say I DID repurchase it from Macy when they had 15% off going on which I could use on top of the sale price. So score! It still might be going on at the time of this post. Here are some other recent palette purchases. I've used 3 of the 4 palettes already. So I can give some initial first impressions of the palettes. Yay!

The Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts Palette was on sale on their website and I jumped on getting it. Two of my makeup friends have raved about this palette. I've done a few looks with it and so far I am enjoying it. My ONLY gripe is with the matte brown called Duchess. I wish it was a tad deeper but I still enjoy it and it's not like I don't have darker brown shades in my stash. I also wish the wine shade Lady Ship was a tad deeper as well. Again nothing major.

I kind of crapped on Makeup Revolution with some previous palettes I ended up returning. Well this time around I have purchased 3 *head palm*. One of my YouTube favs emilynoel83 has collaborated with Makeup Revolution and we have two palettes! If you have not seen her video on this collaboration, please check out her video. I couldn't be more happy for her. I've played around with The Needs Face & Eye Palette and The Wants palette. I picked up both from Ulta. If I could go back and edit my purchase I probably would have just picked up The Wants palette. I like The Needs palette but I don't see myself reaching for it a ton. The bronzer shade Courage I cannot use on my face. So I've used it an extra eyeshadow. Also a couple of the eyeshadows are really my jam but I'll use them. The Passion shadow is GORGEOUS! The Wants palette is BEAUTIFUL! It's not just a neutrals palette. It has a nice mix of shades. I have the same gripe with The Wants palette that I have with the Queen of Hearts of palette. I wish that the matte brown Apartment was a tab deeper. But the palette has a matte black as well. So I can mix Apartment with that and I'm good. Her palette are available at Ulta and the Makeup Revolution website.

I picked up the Tropical Paradise Palette from the Makeup Revolution website. This is another collaboration palette with MakeupbyTammi. She's a UK YouTuber that I stumbled upon. I've mentioned before I try to support WOC YouTubers when I can and if I like the product. This is a pretty mix of shades. I haven't dipped into it yet but I'm anxious to play around with it.

I'm hoping after this I can really do a no buy *sigh*. But all the holiday stuff is releasing. GAH! I quit this life LOL!!! Stay tuned for my next palette shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!