Saturday, August 4, 2018

July 2018 Hit List


Here are my favorites for July!


Urban Skin Rx Even Tone Cleansing Bar

I hadn't used this in a while then one of my favs, ThisThatBeauty mentioned loving it in a blog post and it remind me to pull it back out. My skin was all over the place in July and this helped get me back right. I had more breakouts in July than usual and with breakouts come dark marks. This helped clear these marks up and brighten my skin overall. I also would use it as a mask and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off my face. I want to try their clear skin cleansing bar. I may pick that up in the next month or so. So if you skin needs some brightening check this cleansing bar out. The line is now at Target.

Serious Skincare Mega Force Liquid Exfoliant

This is another product I added back into my skin care rotation that helped get my skin back right. This liquid exfoliant helped get dirt and dead skin off my face along with keeping it smooth. Getting dead skin of face helps with those pesky dark marks and helps to brighten the skin. It also has Salicylic Acid which helps my skin when it comes to breakouts. This bad boy will not be put to the side again!

Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly

I've been curious about this ever since seeing crystalis007 mention it on her Instagram page. I read several reviews saying this is great for oily and combination skin needing moisture. After using it I totally agree! It is lightweight and sinks right into the skin but doesn't make my skin feel greasy. I got this size as gift with purchase from Sephora. But this size is available to purchase for $5! There are two other sizes available as well. If you skin is craving moisture then check this out.

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Shape & Fill in Brunette

I went to Ulta to the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer which is my new favorite brow pencil. I thought I mentioned it recently but I guess I haven't. I accidentally picked up the L'Oreal Brow Sytlist Shape & Full and I was like oh ok! I really like it! I have thick brows and I feel like sometimes I can over do it with a thinner brow pencil. A few quick swipes of these and I'm down and my brow looks natural which I love! So score for picking up the wrong product LOL!

ColourPop Bardot Blush

ColourPop has gotten quite a bit of my money this year. This blush was  on sale then ColourPop sent a 20% off on sale items and I said why not. It is described as rusty red copper and I wore this blush a lot in July. It an easy to wear blush. I slapped it on and had the prettiest color and glow on my cheeks. It's perfect for summer and I can't wait to wear in the fall with some dark lippies!

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

This product has made the rounds on YouTube and Instagram. Everyone has raved about it. I finally picked up to try for myself from Sephora but then it sat. I forgot I bought it *head palm*. Once I remembered I had it, it went into my evening skincare routine. It is so good! It's not sticky or greasy. I wake up in the morning and my lips are soft, plump and hydrated! On weekends when I'm bumming around the house during the day I'll throw this on my lips.The only downside it I don't like that it's in a jar. Other than that it's great!

Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss in Beso

I was curious about some of the pink glosses in this line. My makeup loving sorority sister raved about this shade. It's her go to and she buys multiples of it at a time. I was like well let me check this one out. I'm so glad I did. I love it! It is described as a deep pink-mauve cream. It's a little darker than my natural lip color. It's not too much color for day time yet perfect as a nighttime lippie too. I've raved about the formula in previous post. I may check out Backtalk next which crystalis007 has raved about.

Buxom Lip Polishes and Creams

Recently I picked up Crystal (berry which really in purple *shurgs*), Margaret (mocha rapture) and Blushing Margarita (lip cream - rosy nude). Lately if I top a lipstick with a gloss, a Buxom one is what I am reaching for. I also love wearing these on their own with a lip liner. I think it's safe to say that these are my #1 favorite. If  could own all of them I probably would but there are like a 100 of them. So yea I don't think that's happening lol!! I have however been looking at the shade selection and any holes I want to fill in my lip gloss stash. So let's see what other colors I pick up! *twirls*

And now on to the not so favorites.


Maybelline Fit Matte + Poreless Foundation in Truffle 362

I was going to mention this last month but forgot. A lot of people have raved about this foundation. So I was excited to try it especially when they added more shades to the line. I snagged this from Walgreens when I had some reward dollars. It applied nicely and when I was done with my face it looked nice. However this did not keep me matte or poreless throughout the day. I tried it with various primers and powders I had on hand and it just did not look good at the end of the day. I was a greasy mess and it emphasized my pores. So this is a definite no go for me.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick 

I picked up two of these lippies in their new Les Chocolats line from Ulta. I got the shades 70% Yum (dark chocolate) and Box O Chocolate (pinky brown nude) They smell really good and that's the only good thing about them. I was so excited about 70% Yum and it was terrible! It was on patchy and I knew it would look like a hot mess by the end of the day. I layered the Buxom gloss in Sarina over top and it saved it. Box O Chocolate wasn't as bad since it a lighter shade. It's a kinda weird shade. I went heavy on using a brown lip liner and I also topped it with a gloss. I think used Buxon's Blushing Margarita. Adding a gloss defeats the purpose of wearing a liquid lipstick and I do love a matte lip. But adding a gloss also saved my lips because the formula is super drying and not comfortable to wear. So I say skip these. There are much better liquid lipstick formulas out there.

July was fun playing around this and that. On to August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!