Sunday, May 20, 2018

March/April 2018 Hit List


I was all set to do my March favorites and then I kept using a lot of the items into April. Then work travel started back up again and voilĂ , we have another combined favorites post. Hopefully this will be the last one. Still trying the get my blogging mojo back.

So here it goes!



tarte Maneater Mascara

This has been my go to mascara. I love it on its own and mixing it with Lights, Camera Lashes or the Tarteist Lash Paint mascara. It gives me volume, length and curl. It may be taking the place of  Lights, Camera, Lashes as my favorite tarte mascara *gasp*

Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion

I got this to try out before trying their body butter that I raved about back in November. When I first used it was just ok. I went back to it in March to use up. The more I used it, the more I liked it on my body and hands. My skin can get really dry and itchy especially in the cooler months. This lotion helped keep my skin happy! I've already purchased another bottle and I also picked up their oil. I think I have found my go to body moisturizer products! Yay!

L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 & 2

These two palettes have been on the chopping block for a while now. When I added them to the rotation to use and I really enjoyed using them. These two palettes are super easy to use and I think they're great for everyday looks. My eye looks just looked good without a whole lot of effort. I've really been into simple looks lately. I debated on traveling with #1 palette for work. I know people have crapped on these two palettes but I think they're really good. The eyeshadows are pigmented, smooth and easy to blend. They are pricey for drugstore BUT L'Oreal is on sale all time and you can use rewards dollars that your favorite drugstore offers. So check these out.

MAC Extra Dimension Pleasure Model Blush

This blush is described as a "soft terracotta with pearl". I always reach for this blush once the weather gets warmer. Even though now it seems like the weather doesn't know what it wants to do lol. Since I have been wearing warmer nude lippes this is the perfect blush to wear. It's an easy blush to wear. It's not too much but a nice bit of warmth on your cheeks.

Essie Good to Go Top Coat

I'm always up to try a new quick dry top coat. I picked this up from Ulta and I do like it. I like that it doesn't make my nail polish shrink. I've noticed this with some other quick dry top coats. It hasn't gotten goopy on me either. I would definitely repurchase it.

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Leave-in Conditioner

This was a random Target purchase. I've been looking a product to replace Wen's Replenishing Treatment Mist. I've used this on my hair wet and try and I really like. I've already purchase another bottle. On dry hair it's a good refresher and on wet hair it's a good detangler and it gives my hair the extra moisture it desperately needs. I have my eye on some other products I want to try in this line.

Pantene Gold Series Intense Hydrating Oil

After speaking with a friend about this line, I picked up the oil and the deep conditioner and the butter cream. Of the three items I've tried the oil is my favorite. It's good stuff! It's thicker than most hair oils I used. I would say it's more like a serum. It's very hydrating but doesn't make my hair greasy. Any time I see a deal or coupon I scoop up another bottle.

Suave Professionals Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Shampoo & Conditioner

Another friend recommendation. A lot of coconut hair products do a number on my hair. My hair ends up dry and brittle. This was not the case with this shampoo and conditioner! I've used the conditioner more like a deep conditioner and my hair loves it! My hair is soft and more manageable after using these products. Also you cannot beat the price. I scooped these up from Target and I believe they were $2.99 each. I'm sure your can find them cheaper at other stores but Target is my jam lol. I'm curious about the other shampoo and conditioners in the Infusions line. Also the Suave coconut body lotion was a fav of mine back in the day. I love the scent.

Palmer's Ultra Gentle Facial Cleansing Oil

I think I have found my favorite drugstore cleansing oil! Woohoo! I think I saw this on Instagram then took to Walgreens to see if I could find it. What I like about this oil is that it's not super thick and it doensn't take forever to rinse off.

Palmer's Micro Fine Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Pick this up with the cleansing oil. I use this after I was my face and my face feels so soft,, smooth and looks brighter. Whatever serums and moisturizers I use afterwards sick right into my skin. Also this is not an abrasive scrub. The beads in it are very fine and do not feel harsh on the skin. I think the "base" of the scrub helps to which is nice and creamy.

Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lip Gloss

I have 4 of these glosses. I was gifted 3 in Jawbreaker, Snapped and Shadowheart. I picked up 1993 with a recent 20% off coupon at Ulta. These are so good I want more *head palm*. They go on nicely on the lip, nicely pigmented and feel good on the lips. There isn't much more that you can ask for from a lip gloss. They have a slight minty tingle to the lips but it's not uncomfortable. Think I may check out a pinky nude or maybe a red *shifty eyes*

And a quick mention. I've been eyeing the brand Elemis for a while now. During my work trip I picked up this set that was on sale at a spa. I used the item while I was away and I thoroughly enjoyed both the cleansing balm and the moisturizer. I keep eyeballing QVC for a good set to pick up.


One items I did not like is the Studio 35 Beauty Brush & Sponge Cleaner. I actually picked this up from Walgreens back in January during my work trip. I forgot my alcohol that I used to spot clean my brushes. I picked this up and it did the job for the most part to spot clean my brushes but it's "technically" not for spot cleaning brushes. When I got back home I did use it twice as a brush cleaner. I feel like you have to use a lot of product to get the brushes I used for foundation, concealer and face powder clean. Then for giggles I went back and used the Dawn dish soap that I typically used to clean my brushes and there was still product coming out after using the Studio 35 cleaner. Also I feel that it's pricey. I think it was $8. I know it's cheaper than brush cleansers you find at Ulta or Sephora but compared to Dawn dish soap I can get for $1, it's pricey.


And a quick update to my recent palette obsession play. After using the L'Oreal palettes, the MUA palette was just ok to me and I'm just going to toss it. I've had it for a while. So there's no point in passing it along to someone. I went back and forth about the Dose of Colors Marvelous Mauves palette. At first I was like no I didn't like it but then I ended up liking the two looks I did with it. But again I went back to the L'Oreal palettes. Specifically the purple/pink tones and I thought about other shadows I already have. I did use one of my Laura Mercier palettes with it as well. I wanted to be able to use it on it's own. So it went back to Ulta and I exchange it for another palette. You'll see what in my next palette obsessions post.

Phew this was a long one! Let's see what May brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!