Sunday, June 17, 2018

May 2018 Hit List


Let;s talk about some May favorites! This was almost an all drugstore favorites for May bit a couple of high end products snuck in there. Here they are!


Covergirl Queen Major Shade Liquid Lipsticks

I picked up two shades in Rebel and Cake Walk from Amazon. I was moved to order after seeing a tweet from Covergirl showing Cake Walk on a brown skinned woman and it looked gorgeous! Rebel I randomly got. Both are nude shades. I thought Rebel would be darker but it's the perfect my lips but better color. It's a mauvey nude. Cake Walk it a peachy nude. I definitely want to pick up more colors.

Black Radiance True Complexion Loose Setting Powder

This is Black Radiance's take on a yellow/banana powder. I wasn't moved to try others but since their True Complexion setting powder is still one of my favorites I decided to give it a try. I have not used this on my entire face. I've used it to set my under eye concealer which I really don't do. However I have noticed a difference. I feel like my whatever makeup I put on my under eye area (eye liner, eyeshadow and mascara) goes on smoother and lasts longer throughout the day. I picked this up from Target. The Target I went to have a very nice Black Radiance display which I was pleasantly surprised by. Good job Target!

Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder in Deep

I picked this powder up from Ulta after I saw crystalis007 rave about it on Instagram. This is a nice powder. It goes on smoothly, it's not cakey and sets my makeup nicely.  If I had to pick between the two I would pick the Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder that I raved about back in January. It's still nice to have a drugstore option. I do prefer the packaging of the Maybelline powder over the Cover FX powder. I feel like it's more secure and product won't spill out.

L'oreal Infallible Pro-Last Waterproof Pencil Eyeliner

I saw several people rave about these new eye pencils from L'Oreal and said why not. I ordered them from Ulta and I got black, brown and grey. These remind me of the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils . They go on smoothly and don't move. My oily eyes can appreciate these eyeliners. Of the 3 I reached for the black the most which is surprising since I'm a brown eyeliner girl. I may pick up the other 3 shades (Cobalt Blue, Nude and Purple)

Juvia's Place Palette The Festival Palette

When I saw this palette I mentioned to my friend that some of these shadows would be good blush shades. So this is a favorite as blush and not as an eyeshadow palette. I used the shades Izafa (red) and Iri Ji (bright pink) and they were gorgeous on the cheeks. I didn't get around to using Ofala (orange) but I will before the summer is over. Now I need look at the other Juvia's place palettes in my stash and see what other eyeshadows would make good blush shades.

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep

If you've been around long enough then you'd remember that the Bronzing Powder in Deep Chocolate was my holy grail bronzer. The shade was limited edition and it was never re-released much to my dismay. My friend and I were chatting about the bronzer and I said ok let me try the Deep shade and it's really nice. Its very pretty, not too much and it's very natural looking. So yay! Still wish they would do Deep Chocolate again LOL!

COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap

A friend was nice enough to pass this along to me. I used it a few times when I first got and I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I used it again recently at night time with some Drunk Elephant items and I really really like it. It's not a heavy moisturizer. It feels silky going on and it's just the amount of hydration for my skin. It plays well with other moisturizers and face oils too. I think this may too moisturizing for me to use in the daytime but I may play around with it some more as a day time moisturizer. I have seen this on Ulta's website and Amazon. I definitely plan on purchasing this when I use this bottle up.

Lancome Blush Subtil Shimmer in Sunset Coral

The is a blush that has been in and out of my giveaway pile. It's a very pretty deep coral shade and I have reached for it a lot in June. The shimmer is subtle so your cheek doesn't look like a glitter bomb, I also love the simple sleek packaging. I purchased this brand new from a blog sale a long time ago. I don't see the shade listed on Lancome's site. So I guess its been discontinued. Not like I need more blush but I'm curious about their other blush shades. All of them look very pretty *covers eyes*.

And there you have it. Let's see what June brings. I already started the post. Let's see if I can get this one up before mid-June. HAAA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!