Sunday, March 18, 2018

January/February 2018 Hit List


Different name but still talking about favorites. Some months I have more than 5 items I want to talk about. Some months there maybe only 2 things I want to talk about. And since February is almost out the door, I decided to go ahead and combine January and February. Hopefully this won't be too long.

Here's what made the list for January and February!


Bath & Body Works Exfoliating Hang Soap in Toasted Vanilla Chai

I picked this up during the semi-annual sale at the end of last year. This hand soap is expensive! It's $7 and it was half off which is still a lot. But I had a coupon and a gift card. It smells really good and I love the exfoliation in it. It made my hand super soft. I would get it again when it's on sale and I can add a coupon. I'm just sayin!

Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser

A friend was nice enough to give this to me to try. I joked with her watch I'm going to like it since it's pricey. She has raved about this cleanser. I have it in the old packaging. It's available at Sephora and the price tag for this cleanser is $34. Sure enough I really like it. It's a gel cleanser and gel cleansers have been my favorite lately. I've used it morning and evening. It cleanses your skin without stripping it and my face feels nice and smooth after using. I said I was going to repurchase it when I used it up, but my cleanser stash is not lacking right now lol. I also like how the Drunk Elephant line doesn't have a ton of products. It's a well curated skin care line. I'm debating on taking it with me for my next work trip.

Neutral Eyeshadow Palettes
Laura Mercier Artist Palette, Bobbi Brown Chocolate Palette, Mally Nude Attitude Palette

Nude/neutral eyeshadow looks have been my go to for January and February. They're just easy when you just want to look pulled together and get out the door in a decent amount of time. Don't get me wrong I still love colorful eye looks but this has what I've been reaching for lately. The Laura Mercier palette kicked it off. I took it with my on a work trip I had in January. This palette will be a forever favorite. The Bobbi Brown palette is a past favorite that I hadn't reached for and debated on when I was clearing out products. It doesn't look like much but it's so pretty on the eyes. They are nude/naked shadows that I can wear. Similar palettes that have come out are so light that the shades don't show up against my skin tone. I don't have that issue with this palette. I hinted at the Mally palette in a previous post when I mentioned playing around with her palettes. It's an awesome palette with warm and cool neutrals along with Slate and Carbon to do a classic smokey eye.

Vaseline Deep Moisture Vitamin E Petroleum Jelly Cream

One of my favorite beauty folks The Style and Beauty Doctor mentioned this product on her blog and Instagram. I looked in various stores and could not find it. I found it on Amazon and I had it saved in my cart for a while. I saw this 4.5oz tube on Target's website and said let me try it in this size first. I used it on my body and I did like. I LOVED it as a hand cream! I'm very picky about what I use on my hands. It absorbs nicely and it's not greasy. The size is perfect for travel. I already have another tube in my Target cart right now. I think I've tried the Petroleum Jelly Cream that's at The Dollar Tree. The next time I'm in there I want to double check and see where it's made.

The Body Shop Body Mist in Shea

I randomly reached for this one morning and it has been my go to scent for the last couple of months. It's described as a subtle, sweet, nutty scent. I picked mine up from Ulta. I forgot to snap a pic of  this *head palm*. Google is your friend LOL!!!!!!

Nude Lippies
MAC Strip Me Down, Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow, Maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer in Unreal, Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Berry Brown

Along with neutral/nude eye looks, neutral lippies have been my go to the last couple of months. Nude lippies used to scare me. There's been a lot of trial and error but this mix of lippies I feel comfortable in wearing. Also I can put them on and forget about them. They were nice throughout the day and I don't feel the need to check on them or reapply.

Lip Combo - MAC Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson II & Buxom Lipgloss in Sarina

When I saw the MAC Viva Glam Taraji II lippies I was like of meh about them. I'm funny when it comes to bronze and metallic shades on my lips. One of my friends has both the lipstick and lipglass and they are her go to. I randomly saw it and searched for and could not find it anywhere. So I instantly have FOMO (fear of missing out). So I keep searching about found the lipstick on Belk's website. I could find the gloss anywhere. When I got my hands on it I wore the lipstick alone and it was fine. I looked through my stash and decide to pair it with Buxom's Sarina and was like yeeessssss! This lip combo has been a quick go to. It's bronzey chocolatey goodness! The lipstick is described as a deep coppery brown with gold pearl shade. Sarina is described as a chocolate sparkle.

MAC Viva Glam Sia

I usually have a red lippie that I'll have in rotation for a while. MAC Viva Glam Sia is matte and is described as a bright yellow red. I picked mine up from Ulta.

Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder in Deep

I picked this up at Ulta during their 21 Days of Beauty. It has been the powder that I have constantly been reaching for and I like it so much that I am going to pick up the pressed version for travel. It sets whatever foundation I use nicely and my skin just looks good. It also helps keep my oil at bay during the day. Hey that rhymes lol! It's good powder. Check it out if you're looking for a new one.

Mini Happy Planner


I have talked about planner stuff much but I'm still a full blown planner addict LOL! I decided to the give the mini happy planner a go this year. I originally got it for budgeting and money matters. Then I decided to use it as my on the go planner and I love it. It's just enough for me to note what I need to and keep it moving. I also pick a deluxe cover for it and love it as well. I'm debating on using a mini as my main personal planner for 2019. I got another classic happy planner and I still love it. I'm doing more spreads in it that I did last year. But it may be "too much" for me. I using a big happy planner for work and I really like since I have a ton of stuff to note and keep track of. I created an Instagram just for planner stuff. Follow me if it moves ya! Also Me & My Big Ideas just released their 2018-2019 18 month planners. Check them out if you're looking for a new planner!


A couple of products I didn't like are the Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Leave-In Hair Creme and the Serious Skincare PLUSH 80K Brush. The hair creme I picked up form Sally Beauty when I was in desperate need of something to moisturize my hair. This creme has honey, shea and silk. Awesome ingredients right? It seems amaze and looks nice and rich. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. It seemed like it dried my hair out even more. I was so disappointed. The face brush from Serious Skincare came with a Today's Special of a trio of their glycolic cleaners. I've see nthe brush before and didn't have an interest to try it. I've tried a couple of times and I'm not a fan. Its battery operated, the brush is small and I'm used to the timing aspect of my Clarisonic. I also like the brush head of my Clarisonic. I may play around with it again. We'll see.

Let's see what's what for March!

2 comments:

  1. TFS! I've been in a "nude lippie fit" myself lately! You're going to make me cave on the Maybelline Unreal-it's in my Amazon cart now. Not that I neeeed another nude. ;)
    (PBJ)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!