Sunday, September 10, 2017

August 2017 Top 5


No babbling. Let's just get to it.


Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist's Palette

Even though I pulled out my Urban Decay Naked palettes to play with for the summer, I still played around with other palettes. Every now and then I pull out one of the twoLaura Mericer Artist palettes I have. This has been a favorite in the past and I have traveled with it multiple times. This was the second one that was launched and it's still available at Sephora. My last makeup purge I got rid of the majority of my Bobbi Brown palettes. I think that both brands are similar when it come to eyeshadows but I think Laura Mercier's shadows are a tad better. Also I like the shade selection more so that what I had in my Bobbi Brown palettes. My go to eye look with this palette was Truffle on the lid, Espresso Bean in the outer corner/crease and Fresco under my brow bone. All three eyeshadows are matte. You can wear this eye look with  just about any lip and cheek color combo. I've you are a brown and purple eyeshadow lover then this is the palette for you. It's pricey palette but I feel that it's worth the price. The shadow quality is very good they are easy eyeshadows to use and they blend nicely.

philosophy Candy Cane Shampoo Shower Gel & Bubble Bath

For some reason I was legit obsessed with mint, tea tree, eucalyptus, etc items in August. I probably could have done post just on them. The one that I enjoyed the most is philosophy's Candy Cane shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath. This is generally available around holidays and I got in November of last year. I think I have found my holy grail shower gel! philosophy shower gels are a long time favorite and I thought Fresh Cream would be the one that I would eventually use as my regular shower gel. Well now Candy Cane is it! It has nice fresh peppermint scent that now too overpowering but enough to pep you up in the morning or calm you in the evening. I picked up the 32oz from QVC. When it becomes available again I am definitely getting two. I'm tempted to take it out of my shower now so I can use up some other shower gels I have lol.

Bath & Body Works CocoShea Cucumber Foaming Scrub

I was in Bath & Body Works picking up some hand soaps and I noticed some new body scrubs that I saw in an email. I picked up the CocoShea Cucumber Foaming Scrub. When it comes to body scrubs I don't like ones that's too abrasive but  don't want it feel like I'm using a shower gel. I really enjoyed this one. It's just abrasive enough and the cucumber scent it nice. My skin feels super soft after using it. When I use this one up I want to try the CocoShea Coconut Body Buff next.

MAC Ronnie Red Lipstick

When I pull out lip products to play around with I always pull out a red lipstick. MAC's Ronnie Red was in rotation for August and I forgot just how much I like it. It is a fantastic red lipstick. It's a brightened pink-red with blue undertones and it's matte. It's a very flattering red lipstick. It wears very nicely throughout the day and it doesn't dry out my lips. The only downer is that it was limited edition. If MAC every brought this one back, I would definitely get another one.

Julep Super-Size Oxygen Nail Treatment Kit with Bag

This was a QVC TSV in August. When I saw it, I was curious. I paint my nails twice a week and I really don't let then "breathe". So I was intrigued by the Take a Breather Oxygen Nail Treatment that gave your nails a hint of color but also treated your nails. The two with color in the set are Sheer Pink and Sheer Ivory. The Be Strong Oxygen Nail Therapy is clear and I did use it as a base coat with other nail polishes. I used the items for about two weeks and I really liked them. My nails did look better. My favorite item in the set is the cuticle oil. It has a nice light scent. The oil over all is light but it absorbs quickly and it is not runny. I also like that it's a roller ball delivery system. The one item I did not care for is the nail file. I think OPI's crystal nail file is much better. An auto deliver options was available and I did order it when it was available and I think it's one I'll actually keep and not cancel.

September go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!