Tuesday, March 22, 2016

New Planner Favorites!


I mentioned in my January Top 5 & More post about some planners that I did not particularly care for. Well now let's talk about a couple that I have been LOVING!

First up The Happy Planner!


A friend of mine was nice enough to gift me a 2015-2016 Happy Planner. I have the "Good Thing are Going To Happen" planner. The Happy Planner is an 18 month planner and are suuuuppper cute! Planner decorating is a BIG thing! Search the hashtags #planneraddict or #plannerjunkie and you'll see what I mean. I don't know if I've ever get on that level. I ran across an excellent post, Why I Don't Decorate My Planner that I have revisit several times when I've gotten frustrated about not really decorating my planner (that's an entirely different discussion). But the Happy Planner is already decorated to that you don't really need to do anything unless you want to be creative. I like it as it. I do have some stickers that I use here and there. I have already purchased a 2016-2017 Happy Planner. Oh the agony of this decision! LOL! I looked at the flip throughs of each planner multiple times and changed my mind I don't know how many times! I decided on the Picture Quote planner. Then I went through a whole ordeal of ordering it from Michael's and then returning due to their piss poor packaging and it was damaged in shipping. Then I reordered directly from Me and My Big Ideas. Phew! Team too much I tell you. I've also purchased some additional goodies to accessorize my planner. I even got the Happy Planner punch. So I am ALL in!



Next up the Barcelona 2016 Weekly/Monthly 10 x 8 Planner from Blue Sky!


I got this planner as my work planner. What caught my eye is the shape/layout. I make lists and write notes. Usually I have a planner and a notebook of some sort. I wanted both in one for this year and I thought that The Passion Planner would fit the bill. When I was poking around on The Blue Sky website and saw this one my interest was peaked. It's a weekly/monthly planner but you have have a To Do, To Call and Notes section at the beginning of each month with the monthly view. The weeks are vertical. After messing around in The Happy Planner, I noticed that I liked a vertical layout vs horizontal because hello I like making lists lol. Since this is the planner I leave at work, I can use Saturday and Sunday for more note space. There is a notes section in the back along with some interesting pages for various contacts, On The Go Essentials list and Travel Checklist and Grocery Checklist. I think they are pretty cool additions. There's a Nicole Miller version which I think would be good for a personal planner but I do not need another planner lol!

I have started using my Happy Planner right now for work and personal just to see how I like. I was going to start in April but said hey why not start now. Last year I did have two planners. When I looked through my personal one, I slacked on using it. The second half of the year was pretty much blank. So I it was kinda a wasted purchase. My work planner got used with small bits of personal stuff (mainly appointments). Honestly my life is not that involved to have 2 planners and I'm loving The Happy Planner so much that I was to USE it So we shall see how it goes.

And there you have it! I may report back on how using The Happy Planner as THHEEEEE planner is working for me.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Gurrrrl, all I can say is that if we lived near each other, we'd be dangerous together! Lol! We like so much of the same things. 😁
    I'm going to check out the Happy Planner because I'm thinking I may want a new one for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahaa!! Trouble! Please do! Wait until later in the year and they'll probably be on sale on the Mambi site. Or get it from Michael's directly with a coupon. Don't order online. The shipping was terrible. I'm trying to be good and not pick up another one but they are so cute and fun!

      Delete
    2. I checked out the link. They are super cute! They don't have them in Michael's yet. I'm going to keep looking for them! :)

      Delete

Let's chat!