Sunday, June 7, 2015

Product Play June 2015



A little late getting this up due to adding a ton of stuff at the end. Oye vey. Here's what I'm playing around with this month!

Palette Play


I had toyed around with getting Urban Decay's Electric palette. It's pretty do not get me wrong but then I was like how often will I really use it? If it ever went on sale for like $20 then I might pick it up. Keyword being might. When it comes to color shadows, I have a good mix as is in my stash. So it's really now a want or a need. A friend was nice enough to give me the BH Cosmetics Take Me to Brazil palette. It's a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay palette and a nice mix or colors with nothing too crazy. Well maybe the yellow shades *insert strong side eye* I wanted to play around with color again this month.

Another friend passed the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2 palette to me. I've already done a look with some of the brown shadows which I really liked and it lasted on me ALL day using Urban Decay Primer Potion and a Mally shadow stick in Trailblazing Brown. Color me surprised. This really wasn't on my radar to pick up. Seems that every brand has come out with their version of a neutral/natural/naked palette. So I feel that L'Oreal is kind of late to the game. Plus the price is kinda pricey for drugstore. Of the two palettes, this is the one I would purchase. So we'll see how I like it.


I'm also going to add into the mix what's left of the Bare Minerals Ready eyeshadows that I kept after my last big makeup purge. I have 7 of the 8.0 palettes, 6 of the 4.0 quads and 5 of the 2.0 duos. I tempted to purge what I have left but I need use them before I decide. So I'll use them over the next few months or so in addition to whatever other palettes I pull out to use.

I recently went through my shadows and I  pulled the majority of my Wet n' Wild and Black Radiance shadows. I just wasn't reaching for them. I did keep Wet n' Wild's The Comfort Zone and Black Radiance's Downtown Browns. I kept two of the 6 Wet n Wild 6 pan palettes in Vanity and Lust.

Polish Play

I ended up ordering 8 nail polishes from Cult Nails. I know, I know...my no more buying nail polish went right out the window. But at the time that I ordered, they were going out of business. So they had a sale going on to get rid of remaining inventory. I didn't use the two Cult Nail polishes I pulled out last month. So I'm going to add them what I ordered. I hate showing these since they can no longer be purchased. If a color interests you then I recommend checking out Temptalia's blog. She has swatched a lot of Cult Nail polishes and also listed various alternatives.


Faded, Enticing, You're My Dandy Lion, Swanbourne

Inescapable, Center of Attention, Dance All Night, Walk of Shame


Out of My Face


I have FINALLY used up quite a few products from previous posts! Woohoo! I used up the Black Radiance primer, Bath &  Body Works Cashmere Glow shower gel and H2O+ eye makeup remover. I also used up some other items too that I didn't list. So May was used it up month. I still am working on the two philosophy bath products. I'm making an effort to reach for Senorita Margarita, so I'm sure I'll get it used up this month. The Living Grace body scrub, who knows when that will be done.But I'm getting there. I'm going to add some more things to the mix and I think this may carry me through the end the end of the summer. We shall see. These are items that are almost done that I need to make a little more extra effort to use or items that I'm ready to be done with. So they gotta go! Here's what I'm adding to the mix!
  • MAC Heroine lipstick
  • Christie Brinkley 3-piece Age-Defying Skincare Regimen (Complete Clarity Daily Facial Exfoliating Polish, Recapture Day + IR Defense Cream, Recapture 360 Night Beauty Treatment)
  • Perlier Hemp Cuticle Oil
  • St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub 
  • Freeman Sweet Tea & Lemon Peel-Away Clay Mask
  • Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
  • Alpha Hydrox Retinol ResQ
  • Korres Mulberry Vanilla Shower Gel
  • Bare Minerals Bronzing Mineral Veil
Phew! This is enough stuff! Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!