Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015 Top 5



I hope everyone had a fantabulous June! Let's get into some favorites.

L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2

This was going to be a surprise product but it's just an all out favorite for the month. When I mentioned this palette in my Product Play post, I wasn't all that thrilled by it. I was like ok just another palette to play around with for the month. I ended really liking it. Between this and the Maybelline Nudes palette, the L'Oreal palette is much better. I still like the Maybelline palette but the pigmentation and quality are fantastic with the L'Oreal palette. I liked this palette so much that I picked up the La Palette Nude 1 palette from CVS. I had a 30% off coupon and $5 CVS bucks. So if you're eyeing these palettes, I say grab them but get then at a discount. If you're reading this before July 4, L'Oreal products are currently 40% off at Ulta. The palettes are currently on sale for $11.99!

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in HD Gladiolus 

I remember seeing these lipsticks in various haul videos on YouTube but I never picked any up. In the last Target Beauty box this lipstick was included. I got the shade HD Gladiolus. It's a pretty warm red shade. It's the perfect red for summer. It's going to be my go to red for the rest of the summer. I wish they would have launched these first instead of the lip butters. The formula is so much nicer. They are moisturizing, feel super comfortable on the lips and wear nicely throughout the day. I do have a gripe with the packaging. It seems that no matter what, when I remove the cap, I nick the lipstick *shrugs*. Other than that, If you're looking for a summer red then check this one out.

Urban Decay Afterglow Powder Blushes

I got many hands on these blushes after I got back from San Diego in May and I have been using them ever since! These blushes are flipping fantastic! They are pigmented, not chalky and easy to blend on to the skin. I'll say it again, these jokers are PIGMENTED. So there is the potential to get carried away. So keep that in mind. Slowly build up the color. These blushes are right up there for me with Tarte blushes. I have the shades Bang (bright orange-red), Quiver (medium red) and Bittersweet (bright purple). I have my eye on Rapture (deep mauve) which I will probably pick up with a 20% coupon from Ulta or Sephora. When I do pick it up, my plan is not to pick up any blushes for a while. Famous last words right?

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes

Speaking of Tarte blushes, I got two more from an auto delivery set from the Q. I could have mentioned them last month but forgot. I have probably had them in my rotation for the last two months or so. They are two perfect everyday shades. Cherished is a pretty rose bronze color that to me comes off more as mauve shade and Deserving is an awesome golden coral shade. Both are nicely pigmented and not chalky. I really don't want to put these two away. I may keep them out.

Mally Evercolor Endless Eyeshadow

I randomly pulled these out but hadn't used them for part of the month. Then I got lazy when it came to my eye makeup. I would do my face makeup and when I got my eyes, I couldn't be bothered doing anything. These were the perfect solution. They are a two-step eyeshadow system. At the end of the product you have a cream shadow. There is a brush at the top. Then you unscrew the middle portion and there a spring loaded applicator with your powder shadow. Sounds complicated but it's super easy to apply. I have 3 shades Sunglow, Twilight and Delish Plum. I  got these from QVC, probably in a set. I don't see them on QVC or Mally's site. I did see an eBay listing. You can wear them on their own but I would take a darker shadow and run it quickly in my crease and outer corner. I'm thinking about taking these with me for my next work trip at the of July.

And there you have it. Short and sweet.

On to July and mah birthday month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!