Sunday, March 29, 2015

March 2015 Top 5

It was hard to narrow down this month's top 5! Jeez! Usually I'll open up a post and list a bunch of stuff and then go and determine if I was truly a favorite for the month. I had 10 items * head palm*. I did narrow it down to 5 five but I cheated towards the end.

Let's get to it!




Zoya Monet

This is a pretty glitter polish that pairs nicely with just about any nail color. It's pictured above with OPI's My Dogsled is a Hybrid.  It is described as "a multi-colored, cellophane holographic special effect topper". It's not too much like some glitter polishes but it's not a blah glitter polish either. It's also easy to remove. I wore this with every polish change I did for about two weeks straight.

Covergirl Queen Foundation

From surprise product to full on FAVORITE! This foundation is DOOOOOPPPPPEEEE!!!!! Dope to the point that I'm going to order 2 bottles from Target. I have worn this foundation with primer, without primer, with powder and without powder. It looks good any which way. Also it lasts on me all day with minimal oil coming through. I wear the shade Mocha Q835. Dare I say that I have found my holy grail liquid foundation?!?! I'm kind of worried that the shade I wear may be discontinued. It's not readily available online. I got it from Walgreens but it's not available on their site. The foundation is also available on drugstore.com but my shade it not there either. So I hope that it's not being discontinued. Target and Amazon are the only places where I have found the shade I wear online. I was thinking about trying some other liquid foundations this year but now I'm like girl WHY!?!?! There's no need when I have found one that I like. Plus my current foundation collection, which was kind of non-existent is now out of hand. A post will be coming on that foolishness later.

Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette

It shouldn't be a surprise that one the Chocolate Bar palettes made the list. I enjoyed using both palettes this month, but the Semi Sweet palette is the front-runner. If you are brown eyeshadow lover then this is the palette for you. When this one came out, I had already said I was going to get it at some point. My favorite eye look was with Frosting and Hot Fudge. Peanut Butter is an excellent blending shade too. I may travel with this palette next month when I head to San Diego for work.

Empire Soundtrack

Linda Linda LISTEN! If you are not watching Empire then you are missing out on some good TV! I've seen the various "issues" that people have with the show, but I'm like whatever! It's nice to have good scripted TV on instead of these doggone reality shows. The music in the show is awesome and when the soundtrack came out, I was ALL over it. It is really good and I can listen to it from beginning to end. My top 5 songs are What is Love, No Apologies, Money For Nothing, Power of the Empire and Nothing to Lose. There are some other songs that are available for purchase that were on the show that aren't on the soundtrack that I may pick up. I cannot wait until season 2!

Buxom Full-On Lip Creams

Kind of cheating here since I'm mentioning two shades. The two shades I wore off and on throughout the month are White Russian and Mai Tai. White Russian (nude pink) is one of my absolute favorite nudes. Mai Tai (vivid coral) was given to me. I've mentioned before that I'm leery when it comes to orange/coral shades on my lips. But I should have known that I wouldn't have any issues with this one. It's just enough color but it's not too much. I love the formula and how these feel on my lips. They are just so easy to wear and don't require a lot of fuss.  I need to reach for my Buxom and Moxie glosses a little more often. I keep saying that if I ever did a MAJOR purge that I got stick with just the Buxom and Moxie glosses that I have. But that's a big if...HA!

There you have it. Short and sweet I think. On to April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!