Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 2015 Top 5

And the fun continues!

This month was good month. So let's get to it!





Starbucks Chestnut Praline Flavored Syrup

The Chestnut Praline Latte was a new drink at Starbucks last year. I had it several times and really enjoyed it. The Starbucks near my office had the syrup on sale for $9.95. Every time I would go in, I kept looking at it and looking at it. I finally picked it up and I got one for a gift. It is SO GOOD! I have a Keurig at home. I'll add a little bit in my cup before I brew my coffee. I have also used it when I've made hot chocolate at home. I'm so glad I caved and picked it up! As you can see I have put a serious dent in it!

Black Radiance BB Cream

Black Radiance has gotten a lot of  my money this month! This was a random purchase one Sunday morning when I was in CVS. I picked it up in Coffee Glaze and Chocolate. I'm terrible at color matching myself. I like Coffee Glaze more so than Chocolate. Chocolate is a little too dark for me, so I went ahead and gave to a friend to try. I also ended up getting the shade Brown Sugar. I think it might be a better fit for me over the summer. So I'll hold on it to it and see how it goes. Coffee Glaze may work for me year round. This BB Cream is awesome! It covers what I need to cover and it has some excellent coverage. It blends into the skin nicely and gives you a matte finish. This is a perfect everyday product for any type of makeup lover. So glad I took a chance on this product and will definitely scoop up another tube of Coffee Glaze.

Black Radiance True Complexion Under Eye Concealer

I got this along with the BB Cream. Wasn't expecting much and the only reason I picked it up was due to the 50% off sticker on the packaging lol. Turns out this is a really nice concealer. It's very close to my skin tone. I've used it on my face and under my eyes. The stick side I use under my eyes along with Bare Minerals Stroke of Light. I love the combo of these two together. The other side is a liquid but it isn't runny and it has a doe foot applicator. I use it on any dark marks on my face that need some extra coverage and on my upper lip. I'm curious about checking it out in a lighter shade for brightening/a possible replacement to Bare Minerals Stroke of Light *gasp* lol!!! We'll see if that happens. Y'all know I loves me some Stroke of Light from Bare Minerals.

Black Radiance Perfect Tone Lipstick in Cognac

I have 3 other lipsticks from Black Radiance that I enjoy. I was looking for some newer shades that I heard about but I didn't see them. But Cognac caught my eye. This a very pretty everyday shade for me. Its mix of brown and red but it's not too warm. The mornings when I did not know what to put on my lips, I threw this on. It goes with just about any eye and blush combo. These lipsticks are pigmented, have awesome staying power and you cannot beat the price.

Real Techniques Brushes

Not a particular brush but just all of them were my favorite this month. Again I kind of cheating here. I'm using all the ones I have now and you can tell they are used since they are dirty in the picture lol. I do have some other brushes mixed but the majority of them are Real Techniques. I always enjoy using them and whenever I travel for work, they are the brushes that I take with me. But for some reason, I really have been enjoying them more so this month. I could probably get rid of my other brushes and just use the Real Techniques. And I have thought about that. They are so soft, apply product nicely and they are easy to clean. I also like that they are multipurpose. They can be used with cream, liquid or powder products. I did pick up two from the Bold Metals collection which are a a higher price point from their main collection. I am enjoying those as well. If you are looking for good quality brushes and don't want to spend a lot of money, check Real Techniques brushes out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

And done!

On to March and hopefully warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!