Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Makeup Purge Senses Are Tingling Again!



I know, I know lol! You're probably like yea right chick. Not this topic again. Well yes again!

I've gone through my collection and bagged some stuff. Gave some friends dibbs to go through it. The rest I'll probably let family member scrounge through next time I see them lol. I've also pitched items that needed to go.

I recently found an 8 piece drawer organizer set at TJ Maxx for $5.99. I picked up two. I got my blush drawer organized. I was also able to get all my Bare Minerals blushes and radiance powers out from my Joy Mangano Better Beauty Case. The case sits on the corner of one of my dressers. So out of sight, out of mind. I want to get ALL my makeup in the 10 drawer cart I have. So now I have loose eyeshadows that I need to get out. So I'm hoping these organizers do the trick. Plus my bottom drawer that had bath and body stuff in it is pretty much empty. What's left are unopened products that can go in my gift giving basket for the holidays.

Next I'm going to tackle my lipsticks. I've already gotten rid of some of the Maybelline Vivids (I'll explain why in my June favorites post). So I'm going to have a swatchfest and have plenty of baby wipes on hand. If you recall from my makeup collections posts, I have 2 drawers of lipsticks. I'm aiming to get it down to one. Let's see if I'm successful.

Any extra unopened Bare Minerals Mineral Veils are going. The Bronzing Mineral Veil is my favorite and I have a super size jar that I haven't cracked open yet. I also like the new BB one that I got in a TSV set from QVC. I think I have 2 more of those coming in auto delivery sets from QVC. I'll keep one and the other will go in my gift giving basket. I probably don't need to keep the one *shrugs*.

The biggest "battle" is eyeshadows (palettes and single shadows) and blushes. I'm an eyeshadow palette whore and I did get rid of some blushes already. What I do have left I really do like and rotate through. I'm also tempted to get rid of lip glosses that aren't Bare Minerals (100% Natural, Moxie and Buxom), Maybelline and maybe a few others. My lips have really been on some stuff lately. So I've only really been reaching from a few brands that I know won't aggravate my lips. Mally's glosses that have been favorites since I discovered her brand, haven't been friendly to my lips as of late. Which is really bumming me out. Ok not really but you know what I mean. You have something that you really like and it stops working for you and you're like what the what!?!!!

So we shall see what comes of my makeup purge senses tingling.

I can't remember if updated you guys on my current books situation with donating books to the library and giving books to friends. May get rid of more since my get rid of more books senses are tingling too. Plus I'm "neglecting" some of my favorite authors and series that I usually keep up with. I don't like that at all!

I'm just to the point where I'm tired of having a lot of "stuff". Don't get me wrong, I still love beauty, books, fashion, etc but I mean come on? I'm not making myself "feel bad" and I know I will still buy things. Just trying to find a happy medium. If that's even possible.

My favorites for June might be a little late. Laptop charging cord at home is acting up and the battery charge is already low on my laptop! Gah! #thetechstruggle

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!