Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Polish Play April/May 2014

I played around with one of my dotting tools last month. Isn't this cute?? I swear this is the easiest nail art that  you can do. I used Essie Mint Candy Apple, Revlon Posh and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. And to my surprise I used all of the Essie polishes I pulled out last month. Woohoo!!




I picked up the Iconic Nail Lacquers and Mani Essentials set from HSN at the end of February when it was a Today's Special. It arrived the first week of March. Was tempted to play with the polishes but I put them aside and said I'll get into the in April. So why not dub April OPI polish play woohoo! The set from HSN had a bunch of stuff in it. It included the nail colors:



  • Big Apple Red (bright, shiny red) 
  • Bubble Bath (sweet candy pink)
  • Cajun Shrimp (spicy coral) 
  • Russian Navy (indigo blue) 
  • Suzi's Hungary Again (warm pink) 
I'm just going to play around with these polishes for the month. I'm going to give my nails a break from nail polish for about a week and use my Rejuvacoate polish like a treatment polish. For my work trip at the end of the month I'm going to try out the Sally Hansen nail strips that I didn't use from a previous month. They are supposed to last up to 10 days which will be great if they work. In the event that they don't, I will take some nail stuff with me just in case.

And this is where the post should have ended *sigh*.

What had happened waaaasssss....I went to Ulta looking to see if they still had the polishes from the Natruel collection from Zoya. I saw one polish but I wanted to get all 6. So this is when I should have turned around and walked out of the store right? But of course I didn't. I walked over the drugstore side of the store and saw a display of OPI polishes. Random and out of place. I took a closer look and it was the new Muppets collection for the movie that came out in March. I didn't even know that there was a new collection. Any who. I looked and looked. I picked up 3 of the polishes and left. I could have gotten more but I was like noooooo I'm just getting these 3 *insert strong side eye* I went back to work and I just had to see if there were any blog posts on the collection. My interest was peeked on some of the other polishes that I didn't pick up. Ulta is on my way home from work. So yep I went back to Ulta and picked up 3 more polishes. So in total I got 6 out of the 8 polishes from the collection. And this where I need to seek professional help.

Here are the polishes that I pick up from the collection:



  • Gaining Mole-mentum - this seems so unique to me and I know I don't have a similar glitter polish like it in my stash.
  • Let's Do Antything We Want! - I'm looking forward to playing around with this one again around the holidays for some reason.
  • International Crime Caper - has some irredescents going on in it that caught me eye!
  • Chillin' Like a Villain  - How can you not like the name of this one lol!!!
  • Kermit Me to Speak - Duo-chromed loveliness!
  • Miss Piggy's Big Number - me and blue polishes *swoons*

Since I have a crap-ton of polishes to play around with and I have work travel coming up I will play around with these 11 polishes for April and May.

Not sure if I'm going to keep these posts up. We shall see come June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!