Sunday, April 6, 2014

Platte Play April 2014


I had already mentioned in last month's post that April is Urban Decay Month!! You already know that Urban Decay makes some of my favorite eyeshadows and palettes. I also have a work trip coming up at the end of the month and I noticed that I like traveling with Urban Decay palettes. So here's what I'll be play around with this month!



Week of April 6 - Mariposa Palette

I got this palette during a work trip last year in Portland at Nordstrom's Rack. Annnd I haven't used it yet *hangs head in the shame*. So let's give this one a whirl.

Week of April 13 - The Black Palette

Yes this a dark palette and we are in "springtime" but I wear whatever whenever. I wore the dark blue shade on my eye for me birthday I think in 2012 and my birthday is in July.

Week of April 20 - Show Pony Box

I haven't used this palette in a good while. It has a good mix of neutrals and colors. It's a good one for travel.

Week of April 27 - Naked Palette

This shouldn't be a surprise lol. I wanted something easy for this week since I'll be on travel and have early/long days. So I wanted something that is easy and didn't have to think about. I will also be taking some Tarte Shadow Sticks with me in the shades Taupe, Satin Golden Brown, Moss Green, Mocha Berry and Shimmering Sand. These shadow sticks compliment the Naked palette and they are super long wearing! I have the Naked palette that has the double-ended eye pencil in Zero and Whiskey. I still plan on taking Perversion and Demolition liners from Urban Decay.

March Palette Play Recap



Just a quick tidbit on March's Palette Play. I already mentioned my disdain for the elf eyeshadow duos that I played around with in my March Favorites. They were not the business and I'm not saying that just because it's elf. I only played around with 3 L'Oreal Hip duos Charming, Saucy and Poppy (pictured above). Charming is pretty put there was major fall out with this one. I haven't played around with a lot of the shimmery ones so I was surprised but the fall out. Saucy is hands down my favorite L'Oreal Hip Duo. It reminds me on the Nars duo in Cordura.  The Nars duo is $35 and the L'Oreal Hip duos vary depending on where you get them from but around $8. CVS usually have some on sale when they do their big beauty sales. Poppy is all matte and it was my first time used an all matte L'Oreal Hip Duo. I REALLY liked this one. It created a very pretty neutral matte look It's perfect for daytime or really anytime. The lighter shade in the duo is more orange/peachy than what's pictured above. I didn't really show any Bare Minerals Ready duos any love because I played around with some newer items I picked up the last week of the month.

As always you can find better pictures of the shadows and swatches online. Google is your friend :)

Now let the the Urban Decay play commence!!! Woot!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!