Sunday, December 29, 2013

Book Lovin - 2014 Reading Goals

(Courtesy of Microsoft)


I'm such a nerd right lol.

Anywho....for 2013 I read 80 books. Not bad. I was messing around creating my reading spreadsheet for 2014 and a few random things popped into my head (like they always do) on how I wanted to tackle my reading for 2014.
  • I am going to limit myself from rereading books unless it's for a series that I need to refresh my memory on. A lot of the time if I can't decide what to read, I'll end up rereading a favorite book. Nothing wrong with that but when you have a crap ton of unread books then well yea, it can be a problem. Now if I do end up rereading something, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Keyword here is try.
  • Speaking of series books, I have quite a few that I've only read the first 2 or 3 books or none at all. So I need to incorporate at least one book into the mix each month. Or for shorter series books, read the whole series in a particular month.
  • I also need to review my wish list for book purchases and update it accordingly. Some of these books have been on my list for a while now. If I haven't picked it up by now then it ain't gonna get picked up. Or look and see if my library or the Kindle Lending Library has it.
  • I donated 343 books to the library. I also gave some books away to friends in 2013. I still have a good amount of books left (both read and unread). I am going to make an effort to pull from the unread books that I have. I think maybe come the summer of fall, I will go back through what I have and maybe do another purge of the unread books that I haven't gotten to.
I think that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!