Friday, November 22, 2013

Top 5 Favorite Handbags

Quick disclaimer - I'm not bragging by any means. I have what I have. If you're not interested then cool. Catch back up with me on the next post :D

This post randomly popped in my head while I was sitting on my bed lol!!! Don't know why I didn't think of it for October's Blogapalooza. I haven't done that many handbag posts BUT if you haven't guessed it by now, I am a handbag girl through and through. People who know me can vouch for that. My boss has commented to me several times that I should start a purse blog *shrugs*. Don't know what I would talk about. Anywho..when it comes to styles, my favorites are satchels and hobos. My favorite brand is none other than Dooney & Bourke. And I cannot stand a bag with dark/black lining! Drives me nuts!!! Of course I had to think on this for a minute. Let's see if I can stay within the "top 5" Here we go!

The Dooney & Bourke Leather Hobo with Logo Lock was an easy choice and my number one. I absolutely love this bag and have it two colors (Natural and Navy) and I want more. I'm eyeing the grey. I honestly could stick with this bag in various colors and be a happy girl. Like how some ladies have the Hermes bag in multiple colors. Just an FYI, on QVC Dooney Days are going on where I think all of their bags or the majority of them are on 4 easy pays or more. Easy pay is your friend but can be the devil too lol. All of my bags except for a few, I have purchased from QVC and via Easy Pay. Easy Pay is like reverse layaway. You can break up your payments over x amount of months but you get your item within 7-10 days (sometimes less) and you have 30 days to try it out. What's not to love right? Ok back to the bag....


This bag is the perfect size for me. It's not small and it can hold a lot. I have traveled with this bag without any issues. I can't do small bags. I've tried and failed. It fits over the shoulder comfortably, even if you are wearing a coat. I love the inside. There are various pockets to fit your things and it does have a zip pocket. The cool thing when you order a bag from QVC, sometimes they throw in accessories basically for free. This bag came with a key fob and a coin purse which is a pretty decent size.

The Dooney & Bourke Donegal Crest Satchel is another bag that I got via QVC. I have this bag is three colors. My favorite is the black.  The blue and brown ones I got before they started making the cell phone pockets larger in their bags to accommodate the larger smart phone. There are also two zipper pockets on this bag. The handles are generous enough to carry on your shoulder as well. This bag also came with a wristlet and key fob. Pardon the toe of my grey boot in the bottom corner.


I purchased the Fluevog Soprano Hobo from the Fluevog store when I was in Seattle for work. I still can't believe I bought it outright. It was pricey but I don't regret my purchase. I love the color(dark green/olive) and the shape of this bag. It has a fun blue lining. I also like that you can carry it two ways. Here's a better pic of it I found on Polyvore There was a grey color on their website that I was stalking. It went on sale but I didn't pick up before it sold out. There's a store now in my area but I haven't made my way over to it which is a good thing LOL!


I got the Gucci Joy Hearts Boston Bag (I think this is the name of the bagpre-loved from one of my sorority sisters who was selling it. I love love this syle of satchel. It's a nice size and fits all my stuff. The one downside to it, is that it doesn't have a lot of organization on the inside. There's one small pocket. Still love it though.


I picked up the Wendy Williams Medium Leather Satchel from QVC when she launched her line. I picked it up in green and I honestly want the other 3 colors. If I had to pick one of the three then it would be cognac. I don't know why but I have lightweight obsessed with tan colored bags. When she presented the bag, she let is slip that she designed this with the Louis Vuitton Speedy bag in mind. You're not supposed to mention brand names like that during presentations but we all know that Wendy doesn't care lol! What I love about this bag, that is lacking in the LV bag is organization. This bag has pockets and organization galore! I love the color too. When I carry this I get a TON of compliments.


And there you have it. I stayed at 5 bags woohoo!!! I could probably list another 5. Part 2 perhaps? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!