Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 2013 Top 4.5

Happy February! Sooooo I have more than 3 products this month lol. It was bound to happen. I had the post pretty much done but then remembered a lip product and a quick honorable mention. Here are my top 4.5 favs for the month!


I first heard about The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude palette in emilynoel83's video. When I saw it I knew I had to have it. So I ordered it as soon as it was available on their website. I was so pressed that I ordered it on my phone while on the bus back to my hotel during my work trip LOL!!!! I wish I had waited only because it popped up on a Hautelook sale for half the price! I knew it would be on there eventually but not that soon. Oh well. Lesson learned. If you're a matte eyeshadow lover then you will love this palette. It's great for everyday. I'm a big fan of barely there eye looks and this palette is great for that.


While in Florida during my work trip, my coworker and I stumbled into Victoria's Secret. Their end of the year sale was still going up and I picked up four of their Beauty Rush lip glosses for like $2. They are originally $9. These are nice glosses. They are just right when it comes to stickiness and color pay off. They are great for layering with a lipstick or wearing on their own. The only thing I don't like which is minor, is that the color name is on a sticker and not directly on the packaging. I left them on so that I could name them in this post. The glosses I picked up are Uptown Girl, Feeling Rosy, Bare it All and Shocking.


A scent combo that was my go to towards the end of January and into February was Bath & Body Works Coconut Vanilla Shower Gel, Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Butter and Pacifica's Indian Coconut Nectar Perfume. Coconut and Vanilla are two of my favorite scents. I loved the combination of these products together. I also really really liked the body butter. I have more than enough body creams and butters to use up, but when their sale rolls around again I may pick up some more.


The product that bumped this up to the top 4 is the Maybelline Color Whisper in A Plum Prospect. I picked it up at Target but there are popping up in all the drugstores and such. Ok so I love purple/plum/berry toned colors on my lips. This color is gorgeous on. It wears pretty we after eating, drinking and talking. It does sort of stain my lips. I reapply to add some more color and shine during the day. These are very similar to the Revlon Lip Butters. For me personally I like the Lip Butters more so than the Color Whispers. To me the Lip Butters are more moisturizing but the Color Whispers are still nice. I did pick up another Color Whisper in Some Like it Taupe and it's a nude shade. A perfect throw on and go color with any look. I was tempted to get some other colors but I don't think I will. It's not like I'm lacking in lip products. I will say that when I run out of A Plum Prospect, I will get another one.

Honorable mention....so I guess this is top 4.5 favorites lol...my current skincare routine. The combo of products I have been using have been doing a great job for my skin. There have been days here and there that I've gone make up free and haven't tripped over it. I may do a post on it. We shall see.

On to March and we spring forward. Come on Spring!!! \O/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!