Monday, March 4, 2013

Be Happy...

Messing around Instagram on last Monday morning, I came across this Helen Keller quote:

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want. So much has been given to me, I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied."
I always see quotes that I like but for some reason this on really really spoke to me. So much that I have it up on my wall at work. We all have our issues, bad days, etc. But when you sit back and take stock of who you are, what you have and what you have accomplished its like wow. Lord knows I have issues. I've posted about them. Even though things have been rough and I've questioned a lot of things, I am very fortunate and blessed beyond measure.

In Beyonce's recent documentary "Life is But a Dream", there's a part where she talks about becoming her own manager.  The first question she asked herself is "what do you want"? That part stuck with me. It kind of goes with this part of the Helen Keller quote "while working for what you want". I guess you can say I've thought about this in passing. The last "big goal" I had was to get my Masters degree. Which I did get in 2011. Then I focused on my weight loss efforts. I've lost some weight but I've kind slacked off and gained some of it back. And now....crickets. I feel like I'm just going through the motions of life but I don't have the "next thing" I working towards personally or professionally.  In short, I don't know that I want.  There are some personal things going on directly and indirectly that have impacted my current behaviors and feelings. So I guess it is time for me to re-assess some things and get to working on what I want and be happy in the process.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote and your honesty in this post. I am guilty of this myself. Thank you for reminding me to look more at what God has done. Look at what I have accomplished at this age, instead of beating myself up for what I haven't "by this age." And the courage to look in the mirror and say "You've done good. Now where to from here Sista!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard. TRUST. But at the same time we can't get "comfortable". Onward and upward!

      Delete

Let's chat!