Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Makeup Basket

I have a basket that I got from the Dollar Store where I put the current makeup items that I want to use.  I got the idea from emilynoel83.  She has a video on how to not get stuck in a makeup rut.  Also I don't have a vanity.  I do my makeup in the bathroom.  So the basket is also helpful because I can grab it in the morning and not have to search for multiple items.  I have some containers on my dresser right outside my bathroom with current brushes and other quick grab go to items.  Typically I'll go through the basket on Saturday/Sunday and see what's what.  Some items do stay in the basket like my concealer and maybe a highlight or blending eyeshadow.  I try to keep items that stay in there to a minimum.  Then I go through my collection and determine what items I want to play with next for the eye, lips and face.    So here is what's in my basket:

  • Eyes:  NYX Mysterious Brown Eye palette, NYX Velvet Rope Palette, NYX Haute Model palette, Bobbi Brown Gel Liners (black ink and brown ink), NYX single shadows in Sahara and Nude, Wet n' Wild single shadow in Brulee, Tarte Gifted mascara
  • Lips:   MAC Lipglass in Evolution Revolution, Milani Lip Mixers in Lip Stir, Lip Blend, Lip Mingle and Lip Party, Milani Glitzy Glamour gloss in First Class and Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lip gloss in Glazed Donut
  • Face:   MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Comfort, Tarte blush in Exposed, Bare Minerals blushes in Hot Shot, So Fab and Pink Tourmaline, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer

Last year I would try to do this weekly.  Then I felt like I wasn't really using the products.  I debated on this being the items that I use for the month but I'll see a blog post or youtube video and I'll be moved to grab other items.   I would like to stick to at least two weeks.  We shall see how I do for 2012.

Here's a pic of my basket.  Nothing fancy :)

2 comments:

Let's chat!