Sunday, March 17, 2019

February 2019 Hit List


Hi, hey there, hello!

It seems like I blinked and February was over. Then I went back and forth on what to include in this post since I had swapped items out to start using different products for March. And now we're at mid-March *head palm* So here are my favorites from February.




Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Cherry

A friend was nice enough to pass this along to me. This was released with the Naked Cherry palette. It is described as deep wine berry. I have way too many lipsticks in this of shade. Berry shades are my favorite. Urban Decay cream lipsticks are fantastic. They are easy to apply, wear nicely on this lips and don't dry out my lips.

philosophy renew with hope & purity super- size 4-piece skincare kit 

If you've been following me along for a while now, you would have noticed that skincare has become a thing for me. I've picked up stuff and had stuff passed along to me. In trying this and that, philosophy has stayed in my mind. I said if they did a nice basic set for QVC then I would definitely get it. Guess what? They did! I picked up the philosophy renew with hope & purity super- size 4-piece skincare kit from QVC. It doesn't get much simpler than this. You have a cleanser, serum, moisturizer and peel. The only product I hadn't tried is the peel and I love it. It's super easy to use and the results of bright and smooth skin are so good. Using this set was like coming home. Purity and the renewed hope moisturizer are past favorites. The serum I've used before but at the time I was new to serums and didn't think it was doing anything for my skin. Now I really enjoying it. I like doing a nice elaborate skincare routine with a bunch of steps but sometimes I just want to keep it simple. The only items I needed to add are an eye cream and SPF. I've added other products here and there and they've placed nicely with this kit. Of course I opted for auto delivery and I'm so glad I did. I don't see myself canceling this one.

Morphe Fluidity Full-Coverage Concealer

Curiosity and the price is what got me to pick this concealer up from Ulta. I looked at the shades and the shade description for C4.45  (rich with peach undertones) is the same as the shade I use in tarte's Shape Tape (Deep) for under my eyes. When I got it home I swatched against Shape Tape and they were pretty much spot on to each other. The Morphe concealer is not a thick as Shape Tape which I like. It makes it easier to blend. I don't have serious under eye issue so I don't have a lot to cover up. Some reviews I read complained about the coverage not being enough. For me it's fine. Overall I do  like the concealer and the price is phenomenal compared to Shape Tape. I went back and picked up another shade C5.15 (deep with neutral undertones) to use on my face. This shade is a little lighter that the Shape Tape shade I use (Rich) but once everything is blended out and powder is added, it works out fine. I'll continue to use but I can't say right now if I'll abandon Shape Tape for it. If you're looking for a good inexpensive concealer then check this one out.

Zoya Nail Polish

I hadn't used any Zoya nail polishes in a while so I grabbed a bunch and really enjoyed using them. Two favorites were Pasha (soft, pale, taupe-kissed beige nude with silver frost and the barest hint of silver microglitter.) and Jem (dark, red-toned purple with subtle gold and fuchsia flecks).

Lancome Long Time No Shine Loose Setting Powder in Deep

Here's another item a friend passed along to me.  I have some nice friends. I didn't really need another powder since I was still loving the Cover FX  Perfect Setting Powder in Deep. I decided to give the Lancome powder a go and I really like it. I may like it more than the Cover FX powder *gasp*. I've alternated between the two and I like how my makeup looks with the Lancome powder. It has a little more color to it, it mattifies my skin and my makeup looked fresher at the end of the day. I can't wait to see how this powder works as the days get warmer. I just might ditch the backup I have of the Cover FX poweder. We shall see!

And there you have it. Not too bad. Now let's see if I can get my March favs up in a timely manner. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!