Saturday, July 26, 2014

Drugstore vs High End

Hey alllll!

It's been a busy month. Hopefully things will slow down a bit and I can get a new charger for my laptop and get back to bizness!

So as I'm sitting here catching up on YouTube videos and deciding on what I want to use various coupons and a gift card I have at Ulta, pricing stuff and what not, I'm lightweight over 'high end makeup'. I say this now but this is just random musings. Don't get me wrong. I love my Urban Decay palettes, Tarte blushes, so on and so forth. Buuuuuuut when you see various blog posts or YouTube videos on dupes and similar products, it gets me to thinking why am I spending my money on midrange/high end makeup. I'll even throw skin care into the mix. Right now all of the skincare products I have been using for the last say month and a half have been drugstore products.

One of my big peeves with drugstore makeup is with foundations, powders and concelars. Brands have gotten better. I have mentioned Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation in a past favorites post and you just might see it again soon. Some could still do better with their shade ranges. My other issue is access. Certain lines that may be geared towards women of color are not in the drugstores I frequent. Or not all the shades are offered with the traditional drugstore makeup lines. I'm not driving around place to place looking for something. Even finding stuff online can be a task.

In some cases you do get what you pay for. But just because something is $30 doesn't mean it's good. Or if something is $5 doesn't mean it's bad. I'll end my rant here lol. Up next will be my July favorites!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I just received the BM auto delivery for this month and it is so pretty. MS VIRGO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I delayed mine. I'll get it in a couple of weeks.

      Delete

Let's chat!