Monday, June 24, 2013

June 2013 Top 3

Happy June everyone! I cannot believe June is pretty much over! Oye vey. I feel like it should still be March! Ok so let's get to it!



I picked up Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes thanks to my beauty pusher crystalis007. If you have not checked her out please do. She has a blog and is on YouTube. When it comes to removing my makeup, I pretty much use my Clarisonic and face cleanser of choice. I didn't really do the whole makeup remover thing be it wipes, cleansing oil, etc. I want to say a couple of months ago I randomly picked up Say Yes to Cucumbers makeup remover wipes from seeing a review on Instagram and I did like them. I was going to include them as a favorite that month but the more I used them I just thought they were ok. They weren't really all that moist for my liking and the wipes were kind of small. Fast forward to Aveeno's wipes. Crystal did a review of these on her blog and she did mention them in a recent video. She loved them and has reviewed other Aveeno products. Her reviews are pretty much spot on so I said why not. I went over to CVS and picked up a pack. These are fantastic. They are a nice size and not dry but not overly moist. Also they do not irritate my skin. I used to use some Aveeno skin care products a few years ago and I never had any issues with them. They help get the majority of my makeup off. So I use this first then followup with my Clarisonic to get any residual makeup off. I also take some of my face cleanser to get off the rest of my mascara. I would definitely repurchase these and continue using them as part of my evening skincare routine.

I felt like I had been neglecting my Buxom lipglosses. So I pulled out a few to play around with and one that I loooooved was Trixie. Trixie is described as shimmering golden rose. I feel like it's more of a peachy shade and not really rose. I guess it's the golden part *shrugs*. When the warmer weather hits we all want to pull out our brighter makeup shades. I love this gloss during the spring and summer.  It's a nice way to brighten up your lips without looking crazy or being too bright. These are some of my favorite glosses. They feel good on the lips and even though they're glosses they stay on your lips. If that makes sense :D

Keeping with the bright color theme, I was loving on Maybelline's Coral Rush blush this month. The name says coral but the joker is a nice golden orange color. It is pigmented as all get out. So you need a light hand when applying this. It's limited edition and I got it awhile ago. I'm glad I scooped it up. My brown girls, you need this in your life. If you don't want to splurge on a higher end orange blush then check this out.

And there you go! On to July which is my birthday month! \O/ Bring on my free Starbucks drink and birthday coupons to my favorite stores *two step*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!