Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I think I'm a hoarder...

(Courtesy of Microsoft)

Ok sooooo...

I'm in the process of purging some books. I'm an avid reader and at one point I was buying up books like crazy. I still have authors I purchase books from but I have slowed down considerably on book purchases. Then when I was in grad school I didn't have time to read like I wanted to. Now that I have the time, I'm kind of  "overwhelmed" with trying to get through the books I have.  It has kind of taken the joy out of reading. I'll sit and contemplate what I'm going to read next. I stare at books or think on what I want to read and come up with nothing.  This sense of  "being overwhelmed" can be said with other items I have.

Now I know I'm not as bad as some of the people who do appear on the show Hoarders. I do frequently give stuff away, donate items and pitch things. At times I feel it isn't enough. I shouldn't feel overwhelmed by the items that I have. Don't get me wrong I am very fortunate and very blessed to be able to  purchase the things I want. I guess I'm getting to the point of asking myself is it too much? Are you enjoying these things or  are they burden of sorts? I guess I'm in downsize mode and instead of it being a liberating process, it's kind of stressing me out.

So I guess I have an inner hoarder/pack rat... -____- Well I want her gone! *stomps foot*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!