Saturday, February 9, 2019

January 2019 Hit List


Hola!

I had the bright idea of doing weekly favorites and as you can see that did not shake out LOL! Here are my favorites for January. There are quite a few past favorites and you'll see that they are well used. Let's get to it!




Laura Mercier Artist Palette

If you've been following me along then you know that I have mentioned this palette many times. I've traveled with it a TON! It's just so good. The matte brown shades are everything. Cafe Au Lait and Coffee Ground together is my go to look when using this palette. The shimmery brown (Chocolate) is a favorite and the matte navy blue (Deep Night) is hands down my favorite navy blue eyeshadow. Not like I need a backup of this or any palette but if this was made available again, I would seriously consider getting another one.

Mally Beauty Nude Attitude Eyeshadow Palette

This is another past favorite that I reached for a lot in January. It has a good mix of shades that are great for everyday and any occasion. It's easy to throw a look together with this palette. I believe it's laid out in quads but of course you can use it however you'd like. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It's bulky and I wish is was slimmer in design. Then I would definitely travel with it.

Bobbi Brown Blush in Desert Pink

During one of my makeup purges, I had my Bobbi Brown blushes out to get rid of then I came to my senses. Don't ask me what I was thinking. I've used these blushes so much. I've used them on a regular everyday basis and I've traveled with these blushes. The one I used consistently throughout the month is Desert Pink. It is described as a soft natural pink and it is the perfect pink blush. It looks like nothing in the pan. It also looks like it would appear ashy on my deeper skin tone. Trust me it's not. If you're looking to splurge on a blush, I recommend getting an everyday color that you know you're going to use from Bobbi Brown. I really want a red blush from the line. *shifty eyes*

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater

I mentioned this facial spray in my last hit list post. I'm still enjoying and reaching for it January. I was on Ulta looking at his other facial sprays but said no no no! Use up the sprays you have first girl! It's been the final step in my evening skincare routine and I just love the extra dose of hydration. I haven't tried it my makeup routine yet. We'll see if I add it in.

Mascara combo - Julep Length Matters Mascara and Tarte Tarteist Mascara

These two mascaras are past favorites. Each one on its on perform nicely. Together these two create lash magic! The Julep mascara give nice length and you can kinda "style" your lashes with it. The Tarte mascara is really pigmented black mascara that gives you volume. A big thumbs of for this mascara combo.

MAC Lip Liner in Chestnut

After loving MAC's Nevermore lip liner and falling out of love with NYX's Espresso lip liner, I decided to give Chestnut a go. It is described as an intense brown. I'm not sure about intense but I do like it. It goes on smoothly, there's no tugging and it's creamy. I would definitely repurchase it. I have my eye on a couple more MAC lip liners too.

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel

A friend was nice enough to pass this on to me. I've had it for a while and just got around to using it this month. I have loved everything that I've tried from Elemis and this is no exception! It's a cream exfoliator. I was confused by this lol. Most exfoliators I've tried have had some form of beads or physical component to them. This does not but it performs like it does! I love that it's not abrasive. When I rinse it off my face is smooth and bright! So winner winner chicken dinner!

And for a meh item.


I mentioned the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask as a past favorite in my July 2018 Hit List. Lately it's gone from a yay to a nope! It doesn't seem to keep my lips moisturized and I've also been getting a white film on my lips which is a BIG NO! So I don't know if it's gone bad or I just can't use it during the winter months. The two Revlon Kiss Balms I've been using (Exfoliating and Tropical Coconut) are still performing for me and both together are way cheaper that the Laniege so I'll stick with these for my lips.

And there you have it. Short and sweet.

On to February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!